Most HP with n2o?

spyder7724

Reaction score
since i feel confident in being able to run in the 11's N/A i'm thinking about juicing it after i reach the goal.
since i plan on building another engine anyway i just wonder how much i can put to it? i'll run race gas and i do have the snow meth injection kit if needed.
i will run a separate fuel system for the nitrous so i don't have to mess with changing out the pumps and lines.
has anybody run more than 150-175hp?
i figure the FI cars can make 450-500rwhp with a stock s/b i should be able to run 200-225hp shot with race gas and a dedicated fuel system. i realize that it's going to push the limits of the bottom end but i don't plan on making hundreds of runs while spraying. just enough to lay down some good numbers before the season ends.
i'd love to have input from guys currently running a zex,NOS or proflow systems.

matt texass

Reaction score
200-225 shot on stock block, it wont last very long. The nitrous stresses your motor way more than a blower. There are some people running 150-175 out there. I love the fit and finish of my nx plate kit. With the one of those ultimate fuel systems that includes new fuel lines and a y to feed each fuel rail and a bad ass tune, hto plugs and a mix of race gas you should be fine.

just my .02 cents

LSlayer

forum member
Reaction score
200-225 shot on stock block, it wont last very long. The nitrous stresses your motor way more than a blower. There are some people running 150-175 out there. I love the fit and finish of my nx plate kit. With the one of those ultimate fuel systems that includes new fuel lines and a y to feed each fuel rail and a bad ass tune, hto plugs and a mix of race gas you should be fine.

just my .02 cents
Who's ultimate fuel system are you talking about? I think I know but I don't want to say there name here since they arent a supporting vendor.

LSlayer

forum member
Reaction score
The plate kit looks nice too. How much was it by chance? The other thing I was contemplating was this sick ass direct port setup I saw that was all hidden under the intake manifold. Solenoids and all. It was homemade tho so lots of work would be needed to make sure everything is jiving together.

F00Mustang

Goes from a dig
Reaction score
I've got the Zex kit. It's really a well engineered kit imo. I wouldn't try getting more than 175 out of any of the ready made kits for our cars though. The bottles that come with them have the smaller valve on them, and that's really the limiting factor. The AN line that comes with the kits is also small, and I wouldn't use the stock fuel supply like all these kits use with that kind of shot.

The good news is that all the parts you need to design your kit for this car are readily available from the manufacturers like zex, nos, and NXpress. I would use their delivery system, either the plate or single fogger nossle in the intake, or get some older Steeda CMDP's and make a fogger system. I would also make a dedicated fuel system for the NO2. I've seen several people place a small fuel cell in place of the OEM battery under the hood, which can be filled with race gas for when you want to hit it. I would also upgrade the stock fuel system just to be on the safe side. Then order a large valve bottle to handle a big hit, and order what you need as far a plumbing from a company like Earl's or aeroquip.
Bottle heaters, purge, blankets.........ect ect ect.

Remember that you will need a Drive-by-wire electronic WOT switch to spray. No micro switches on these cars. Then just work on the tune.

Good luck.

I'll see if I can get some pictures of how I installed my system and post them for you.

matt texass

Reaction score
a couple companies make the "ultimate" fuel system. If you really have any questions nitro dave at nitrous outlet can hook you up.(since there really arn't and real "nitrous" vendors here I'm going to list them) I was talkin to ray from there yesterday and he has been trolling this board to see if there is enough nitrous activity for him to become a vender.

Fake_Snake

FAUX GT500
Reaction score
I just bought my new wet nozzle and 3'an line from them .. They gave a military discount and kept in contact with me when a issue had came up with the order. They should sponser the site LOL.... great costumer service

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
MikeM ran a 175 shot numerous times and the stock motor lived through it all. The problem he had is on shifts, when the TB blades fliped closed when you use the clutch, the nitrous would pool, and when the shift was complete (think it was the 3-4 shift) it would blow the Intake tube from the TB. but he also ran a 11.2 with the 175 shot.

He had a lot of custom tuning done to get to that level too. theres no way shape or form you can just bolt on a nitrous kit, turn it up to 175 and have the motor last

matt texass

Reaction score
mhmm nx plate kit goes between throttle body and intake manifold :thumb:

F00Mustang

Goes from a dig
Reaction score
MikeM ran a 175 shot numerous times and the stock motor lived through it all. The problem he had is on shifts, when the TB blades fliped closed when you use the clutch, the nitrous would pool, and when the shift was complete (think it was the 3-4 shift) it would blow the Intake tube from the TB. but he also ran a 11.2 with the 175 shot.

He had a lot of custom tuning done to get to that level too. theres no way shape or form you can just bolt on a nitrous kit, turn it up to 175 and have the motor last

That's why I don't lift the throttle when I shift while spraying. I have the rev limiter set 600rpm higher than my shift light and 500rpm higher than my window switch. As I'm changing gears, the engine uses what little may be left in the intake instantly and bounces 1 time off the rev limiter, then drops down to match the next gear. My clutch doesn't seem to like it though.

spyder7724

Reaction score

yeah i figure i'll start with a 75pill then increase bit by bit watching the a/f closely. i will install a separate fuel system for the n2o. i've run nitrous on a couple cars in the past and thats how we set them up also. i don't like taxing the main fuel supply with thaqt much demand so quickly and anyway it would cost 5 times as much to upgrade the main fuel system to keep up with a 200+hp shot.
i don't like the idea of injecting the nitrous/gas mixture upstream especially with an intake manifold that draws from the top side of the plenum. that makes puddling almost certain.
i'll probably call NOS and see what they have for higher hp kits and see if maybe they can put spray bars into a set of CMCV deletes.

ArtQ

forum member
Reaction score
If you gutted a stock set of cmcv's the holes would already be there for a spray bar, hmmm............Drill two holes, one between each port pair and tap for AN fittings.

Last edited:

spyder7724

Reaction score
We do have them, but remember, 8 ports x 25 shot = 200 shot total. You better have a built motor for that, unless you're looking to speed up an upgrade reason.
hehehehe
thats the plan:onfire:
i need a reason to build a new shortblock....i've tried the "honey it's for product development" line and it didn't work so i'll have to take some drastic measures. i don't want to kill it completely but if say, it started knocking or had lots of blow-by it would make my argument stronger.
seriously i'm not going to blow up a good engine for no reason but i would like to push the envelope a bit just to see how fast a stock long block can go. i think 10.30 is the quickest anybody has gone.

cekim

Large Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Speaking of big juice...

Anyone relocated the IAT sensor on a non-blower/turbo car to get a better reading with nitrous? Seems like the back/bottom of the plenum might be better than prior to the nitrous shot for tuning...

Easy enough to do - I already have an external IAT on my setup but wondering if it produced results interesting enough to optimize the tune...

Back