06 mustang gt fuel issue

SquillyB

Reaction score
Sorry to beat a dead horse, but I’m hoping someone may have some suggestions to help resolve my fueling issue. To start, I can only get .60 cents of gas max to pump before it shuts off. Although I was able to fill by holding the trigger just barely on. Otherwise no manipulation or turning of the nozzle helps. I’ve checked the evap system (fuel vapor filter, vent solenoid, purge valve solenoid), all seemed to have flow/ function as they’re supposed to but I do have a mil for a p0446 code.
I’ve seen posts about just deleting the evap system altogether so I went so far as to unhook the vent tube from the evap system, even running a small section of fuel line from the vent instead of the factory lines, and capped the intake manifold with a vacuum cap and that didn’t resolve the issue, so I’m pretty confident the evap system isn’t restricting tank venting.
Could there be an issue with the check valve in the tank inlet or just an issue with the filler neck?

07 Boss

Reaction score
Could be the pump handle itself. There are known cases where some fuel pumps will keep clicking off. Have you tried holding the handle upside down when this happens? I have had to do it a couple of times.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back