Motorcraft Wire Pigtail Guide

Discussion in '2005+ Mustang GT 4.6L Tech' started by Natural1, Mar 2, 2010.

1. Natural1

Natural1 all around duguder S197 Team Member

This is valuable, expecially if you are like me and have ever disconnected something, only to say #!*@! Have at it.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2010
  2. RadStang

RadStang RADstang

Thanks ! !
    Much appreciated

3. warrior86

warrior86 ODIN

thank you!

4. lostsoul

lostsoul 2014 vett or 2015 stang..

great info stud.. I F'ed up some of those in my time =-/

5. RED09GT

RED09GT Senior Member S197 Team Member

Great info! Now I can replace my TB connector with the broken tab rather than hoping the small piece of electrician's tape creates an interference fit to hold in on.

6. Davenow

Davenow forum member

oooooooooohhhhh
    I take it I can get part numbers to go into a dealership and order them?

I would LOVE to get the radio harness pigtail, which I will combine with an aftermarket radio harness adaptor, to make a sort of extension that I can cut into, instead of cutting into the OEM wiring harness (to run amp lines back into the factory speaker lines)

7. dly

dly forum member

Wow Can anybody tell me which 2 pin connector would be the TB connector. I have broken off the locking tab and looking at them I see about 6 that might work. I have a 07 GT/CS.

The one that looks best is WPT-254???

Thanks dly

Last edited: Aug 14, 2011
  8. tmcolegr

tmcolegr It's All About the Build

Are you referring to the connector that attaches to the TPS (passenger's side) or TB motor (driver's side)?

If you're referring to the throttle body motor (connector on the driver's side) the part# is WPT-837

Last edited: Aug 14, 2011
  9. dly

dly forum member

yes sorry the drivers side.

Thanks dly

10. 08fordgt

08fordgt forum member

Nice. I need the same connector as dly. And a couple more for my fuel setup.

11. dirtfan71

dirtfan71 forum member

Same here. I was reconnecting mine after cam install and my big a$$ fingers pushed the connector and tab at the same time. I have a dab of silicone holding mine on right now.

12. Speed+Clinic

Speed+Clinic forum member

I broke it as well

13. Steve@Tasca

[email protected] Senior Member Official Vendor

Hey guys, those charts are great but they don't always contain every connector so if you run into one you can't find please feel free to contact me and I'll see what I can find for you.

Ford doesn't make connectors for everything but I do know some tricks for finding the ones not listed in the charts. :)

I can also guarantee the lowest prices you'll find on these so even if you already have the part number please check our prices.

Thanks, Steve

14. Memphis

Memphis I Aim to Misbehave

Thank you! Saved me from pulling my hair out. Need the pigtail for the side marker light could not find it anywhere around here. Some of those buggers are expensive!

Thanks again

15. CL-ONE 5.4L

CL-ONE 5.4L forum member

Does anyone know how to find the matching (mate) to these connectors? On my ambient light center counsel it looks like I have the 10 pin WPT-156. In the pictures I don't see a 10 pin mate to this?

16. Steve@Tasca

[email protected] Senior Member Official Vendor

Responded to your PM, it appears that the WPT-1175 is the mate to the WPT-156.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]