MT82 Problems - Fixed by Ford

Trav4011

Hoosier Daddy?
Reaction score
With my clutch pedal fully depressed, there's banging somewhere under the car when moving the shifter in/out of gear. I think the clutch isn't fully disengaging.

Blownblu03

forum member
Reaction score
wow I was excited for my 12 Grabber 5.0 to show up so I can install my intake, LT's X-pipe and tune. Now I am worried to touch it until the tranny go's thru it "BREAK" period. I guess I should give it a month or two to go to crap before modding so I have no issues with FORD when I take it iin. The day I pick it up I am going to schedule an appointment for tranny repairs LOL
Why spend so much time to design a KILLER engine and back it up with a JUNK tranny. I guess thats the American way! SKIMP where ever you can to save a buck!

RSKtakR

Reaction score
With my clutch pedal fully depressed, there's banging somewhere under the car when moving the shifter in/out of gear. I think the clutch isn't fully disengaging.

my car started doing the EXACT same clunking noise's after the new clutch install.. IF the clutch wasnt disengaging 100%, the car would try to roll forward while in gear and when the brakes arent applied. 8k miles after the clutch swap and its STILL makes all this noise.. I THINK what is happening is that all this noise is from the trans and just being transfered and amplified through the driveshaft to the rear end. Only reason I say this is because if you pay close attention to the shifter and the feel of it when you move it around,, you can actually feel the clunking through the shifter as well... ?
My car is gong in Monday the 29th because of 5th gear grinding that is pretty bad on the up and down shift, and now grinding into 6th gear has started as well. I just drive it and skip 5th gear and still get the grind going into 6th sometimes. not to mention the whine in 1st through 4th. Ford customer care is aware of it and I allready have a case number to.

Last edited:

Reaction score
Really, did have to be an ASS about it? I simply posted what he told me tonight over the phone and it worked for him. The engineer told him to “slap” the floor with the clutch pedal when shifting from first to second……

That's not me being an ass. :thumb2:

GTmike

forum member
Reaction score
Trav4011....I just had my car in to the dealership to fix my trans issues...I have posts on another board about them so won't deliberate here but long story short they bled my hydraulics and the car is night and day. Mine used to disengage just off the floor. Now it is about halfway down which gives me good disengagement. My car was so problematic I couldn'tuse 2nd gear most of the time. The bleed seems to have fixed many of my issues as the car is fun to drive and hasn't felt like this since the first week I got it which was mid Dec.

Reaction score
Just made an appointment with ford. They are saying it is the skip shift... God damn fuck this peice of garbage and the service that goes along with it. "it will lock you out of second", oh bull shit fuck that. It does it every damn gear.

Ducky

Reaction score
Just made an appointment with ford. They are saying it is the skip shift... God damn fuck this peice of garbage and the service that goes along with it. "it will lock you out of second", oh bull shit fuck that. It does it every damn gear.

Tell them "I know what the hell skip shift is, and I know a message pops up in the info center that says "1 --> 4 shift for fuel economy" and that message isn't popping up. So fix my car before I fix your face."

Or something like that.

gtmiller1001

forum member
Reaction score

same on mine, started after they replaced the clutch as well. Does not roll as if it was in gear with clutch depressed though. Definitely a LOUD clunking noise when pulling in somewhere slowly in 1st, letting off the gas and fully and quickly depressing the clutch though.

Car is back in the shop now for it, I'll let ya'll know what line they feed me this time.

GTmike

forum member
Reaction score
Trav .....post up if the bleed helps or doesn't. I'm curious as I'm sure are others.

stang910

forum member
Reaction score
Just got my car back from the dealership and it's just like new again. Shifts perfect and butter smooth again. Pressure plate bolts were loose so they replaced the clutch and slave.

jayman33

Official Vendor
Reaction score
I'm also getting the clunking noise REALLY bad when I take off in First. Doesn't matter if I start fast or slow, there is a clunk. I can hear it and feel it, almost feels like my front end is gonna fall off. I can fee slight clunking when shifting in between 3 and 4 but not as noticable. Car only has 500 miles, shit like this shouldn't happen. The dealer didn't look suprised when I brought it in and mentioned I was hearing a huge clunk and some pretty bad whining but no grinding. I'm assuming the grinding will be following shortly.
Pisses me off, this shit better not start acting up right before I deploy. I don't want it sitting there all screwed up just waiting to be fixed. Hopefully after 12 or so months they might have a method to fix these issues, if not I'm just dropping the coin for a magnum.

blownbullitt

blownBullitt
Reaction score
I'm also getting the clunking noise REALLY bad when I take off in First. Doesn't matter if I start fast or slow, there is a clunk. I can hear it and feel it, almost feels like my front end is gonna fall off. I can fee slight clunking when shifting in between 3 and 4 but not as noticable. Car only has 500 miles, shit like this shouldn't happen. The dealer didn't look suprised when I brought it in and mentioned I was hearing a huge clunk and some pretty bad whining but no grinding. I'm assuming the grinding will be following shortly.
Pisses me off, this shit better not start acting up right before I deploy. I don't want it sitting there all screwed up just waiting to be fixed. Hopefully after 12 or so months they might have a method to fix these issues, if not I'm just dropping the coin for a magnum.

keep me updated on your whinding, i heard the same noise today for the first time ever, but never heard it after driving it again and again :deadhorse:

COYO TT

Stangless
Reaction score
My new tranny is whining again, and is still pretty notchy..........I installed the Mcleod clutch hoping that would solve some of the issues, but I do not think it is the case.

cpowell5.0

Reaction score
My trans is whining 1-4 like a supercharger! Also ford hotline denied my dealership for a trans pull because the fluid was clean after the tsb fluid swap. So i contacted ford customer service to get things escalated i should hear something today or tomorrow from what they told me. It didnt whine when i bought and it shouldnt whine now plain and simple.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back