My #8 goes bye bye and who know's why - OP runs and hides

firestang70

SW Ohio Ninja
Reaction score
I have now wasted many precious moments reading thru all of this. The internet is serious business. If someone says they had this issue people start hounding them on all the particulars. If they dont respond within 1 hour then all the gee sounds shady,somethings are missing??? When they do respond they get grilled for it. or the answers arent good enough for them.

Nutswingers from every angle then derail the thread. It must be the tunes or this or that.
If someone keeps their car stock (which most owners do) the chance of them joining a forum on tech,performance etc is probably pretty slight. Does anyone know if a stock car actually has had this issue? If they did and posted people would just crucify them and say NO WAY YOU MUST HAVE HAD A TUNE,etc. Give me a break.
I am sure mods have had a hand in this issue. So until its proven its all speculation.

And the idea that a reasonably priced sports car is 100% optimized from the factory is ridiculous. If thats the case Ford Racing better get into a different business.
@Amazon just because you dont answer questions from the mob the way they want, won't change whether or not I would have you do tuning services for me.
Lund has a great rep as well and with no response to this would not change whether or not I do business with you as well. Now if you have never bothering answering both email requests I sent, that might sway me.

If it is a Ford issue, I hope they find the issues and a way to address it. I have been a very long time Ford faithful customer.

chrisheltra

Reaction score
I quit reading after page 5 and Im not reading this entire thread.

Cliffs please?

RTRBURN

RTRBURN MOTORSPORTS
Reaction score
Hmmmm, now I've got extra leverage with the wife to get that Procharger or Whipple kit I was planning on getting next year.

She did just ask what I wanted for my birthday!

Me: Baby, I need to get a blower to keep my # 8 piston intact.

Her: What the hell is a # 8 piston?

Me: It's very expensive!

Her: Damnit Nick! It's always something. Well, if you get a blower the piston will be ok?

Me: Yup!

Her: sigh

Me: Thanks babe! I'll place the order, and we'll know the 5.0 is safe.

In my house it would be different;

Me: Baby, I need to get a blower to keep your # 8 piston intact.

Her: Damnit Ryan! It's always something. Well, if you get a blower the piston will be ok?

Her: Well I guess your X275 car will sit for a little longer.

Me: Never mind, screw that shit...your on your own Baby!

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Wow, I can't believe I read all 19 pages of this.

My car's engine is staying STOCK until it's out of warranty and until I can afford to do several mods at once plus a dyno tune at either JPC or Evolution Performance.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

SRTthis

Reaction score
In my house it would be different;

Me: Baby, I need to get a blower to keep your # 8 piston intact.

Her: Damnit Ryan! It's always something. Well, if you get a blower the piston will be ok?

Her: Well I guess your X275 car will sit for a little longer.

Me: Never mind, screw that shit...your on your own Baby!

x275 FTMFW!

Shaffe

forum member
Reaction score
wow another epic read that took two cups of coffee to get through in the Mustang Chit Chat section. Guess I should do some actual work now....nope to hot out.

Im very curious now to see why is it always the #8 Piston?

Ghostriders

Reaction score
wow he newbies are out in force in this thread

post #12

that's cause this thread is being passed around the forums and anybody that knows anything about engines realizes how stupid it is to pay for a 'ghost cam' tune...

we are not newbies re mustangs just don't spend our lives racking up 13k posts....

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
wow another epic read that took two cups of coffee to get through in the Mustang Chit Chat section. Guess I should do some actual work now....nope to hot out.

Im very curious now to see why is it always the #8 Piston?

Nobody knows lol.

rford426

Resident 5.0 H8R
Reaction score
I think we need a thread dedicated to #8 With every 5.0 known that has lost #8 do some investigating and see what we find... Build dates...tunes...tuner.... I'm sure there's a pattern...

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
Like someone said maybe a coolant flow issue? that cylinder has to be be toasty.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
that's cause this thread is being passed around the forums and anybody that knows anything about engines realizes how stupid it is to pay for a 'ghost cam' tune...

sorry man, I think your dead wrong on that one, IMO that's like saying anyone who changes the axle backs on their car to improve the sound is stupid, if that's the case every board is filled with stupid owners. Additionally the "ghost cam" tune is more then only an idle sound, the whole tune is a performance tune with the added feature of the cam sounds at idle that some enjoy.

we are not newbies re mustangs just don't spend our lives racking up 13k posts....

newbies to our board, better????

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
I have heard bad things about Lund esp the 'ghost cam' thing... from the biggest and best names in the performance business... like the kind of names that own racing teams... and give 3 yr / 36k mile warranties on their modified stangs including 2011/12 ...

nuff said

ok, I'll bite. You're saying Jack Roush doesn't like Jon Lund?

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Everyone forgets the OP had multiple tunes. Any one of the tunes he used prior to the Lund tune may have initially caused the damage, then it finally failed with the Lund tune in the car. The damage may have been started weeks prior.

There is NO WAY TO KNOW who's fault it is. Its ALL speculation, be it a bad part from ford, a bad tune or two, or whatnot. Tuners blame the engine builders, engine builders blame the tuners. This is the price you pay to go fast. If you want a fast reliable car buy a mustang. If you want a faster reliable car, but a GT500. Still need faster and reliable, then go get an exotic. If the reliable part isnt a problem, tune away.

No one seems to remember there were many tuning issues with the 05's in the begining, being a new PCM and all. Sure they are all figured out now, but this Coyote is yet again another new PCM. its only been a year, and theres so much shit to figure out. It isnt an exact science, and there isnt a how to manual from ford on reprogrammming it.

Everyone needs to stop nutswinging and bandwagoning. If you got something to say, then say it, and provide PROOF to your point. jsut just post for the sake of posting, or say soemthing without information to back it up.

Bmr4life

2005 GT
Reaction score
Wow, read all 20 pages and no one seems to remember that Lund has already admitted that one of their customer's had a blown #8 weeks ago. They posted this in the other super long #8 thread.

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
Wow, read all 20 pages and no one seems to remember that Lund has already admitted that one of their customer's had a blown #8 weeks ago. They posted this in the other super long #8 thread.

I'm beginning to think these cars are coming from the factory with nearly maxed timing. Hence why FI looks to be a better solution.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back