My car got the hail beat out of it

Chrome61

forum member
Reaction score
I live in Southwestern NC, and we had a hell of a storm come though with golf ball size hail Tuesday evening and my 07 GT looks like someone went over it with a ball pean hammer..:tdown: My 150 was parked beside it and didn't get a dent because it was under a tree. I could just cry.:thud:

Got an appointment to see the adjuster Sat. I hope they can fix it,:idea:

Ok, I'm though whinning...

gijosh28

Bad Penny
Reaction score
Dude find dent wizard. They do paintless dent removal. It is amaing. If there is no paint damage, their talent is absolutely amazing. The dont let you watch what they do though. I guess its a trade secret.
www.dentwizard.com

gijosh28

Bad Penny
Reaction score
Biiiiggg suction cups. I think?

No I am pretty sure they do it from the other side of the metal. Whatever it is they are very secretive about it, and it comes out awesome. you can never tell anything happened. They're pretty freakin amazing.

Reaction score
No I am pretty sure they do it from the other side of the metal. Whatever it is they are very secretive about it, and it comes out awesome. you can never tell anything happened. They're pretty freakin amazing.

Eh? Well i've got a few out that way too. My cobra had a hail ding on the rear 1/4 panel, popped that bastard back out with a rubber mallet. So yea i can see that. I've heard from somewhere places like that use those big suction cups with a lever on them and well... Pull....

acrophobia13

eat. sleep. drive.
Reaction score
Friend of mine's parents used to run a place like that, but that was years ago. From what I understand, they used both the suction method and the hit-it-from-behind-with-a-rubber-hammer method, depening on size and location of the dent.

They did awesome work, though.

gijosh28

Bad Penny
Reaction score
The guys I saw had wierd tools that looked like miniature police batons. I guess I thought they used those to roll them out. They had the suction cups and other tools, but the "special" tool box had all these different size baton looking things. Here come the dildo jokes.

Chrome61

forum member
Reaction score
Talked to the body shop and got an estiment before I go see the adjuster, They quoted $4200, New hood, deck lid, and stripping the roof and repairing, They said it would take dent widzard a month to do due to how banged all to hell it is. What a pain, one minute fine, 10 minutes later tore all to hell.....This sucks sooo bad.

Rangersfan

forum member
Reaction score
Talked to the body shop and got an estiment before I go see the adjuster, They quoted $4200, New hood, deck lid, and stripping the roof and repairing, They said it would take dent widzard a month to do due to how banged all to hell it is. What a pain, one minute fine, 10 minutes later tore all to hell.....This sucks sooo bad.

Perfect time for a two-tone paint job or aftermarket hood. Make lemonade out of lemons.....

gijosh28

Bad Penny
Reaction score
Did you take it to dent wizard, or thats what the body shop told you? I seriously would just go see them and hear what they have to say first. Can't hurt.

fhlh

Grabber? Don't Know Her!
Reaction score
Dude find dent wizard. They do paintless dent removal. It is amaing. If there is no paint damage, their talent is absolutely amazing. The dont let you watch what they do though. I guess its a trade secret.
www.dentwizard.com

If his hood/roof/deck lid resemble a golf ball... dentwizard ain't going to be much help.

And I'll second what SteedaSteve said...

romac

Reaction score
How does that work with hail damage? I always wondered if the insurance company gave their estimate based on a repair by a PDR guy or a regular bodyshop for the work. As I understand it, PDR can get quite expensive, although it's supposed to be awesome if done by someone skilled in the trade.

Chrome61

forum member
Reaction score
Well my car has been in the shop now for a week and damn I miss it, I normally drive a F150 screwcab 4x4 with a 4.6, It's a great truck and me and the misses are in the process of buying a new home with a 2 car garage and was driving up I-85 towards Charlotte today to look at furniture and some smartass in a rice burner was showing his ass and I kicked my truck and then gave up, what the hell, It ain't my mustang.

You never know what you got untill it's gone....I had to suck that one up

asilver2001gt

forum member
Reaction score
same thing happened to me...bought the car two weeks ago today....two days later hail beats the piss out of it. My car racked up 5300 dollars of hail damage. Still waiting to get it back maybe this week...must not have been a good month for 07's

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back