need help ASAP!!!

shad2009

forum member
Reaction score
so this all started when i went to get my car inspected and it failed the emission part because my o2s were turned off, so i called bama to get the updated tune for the 87 and 89 octane that has the o2s turned on and i loaded it and my check engine light came on saying the o2s were stuck on rich...so i called bama again and they said i had to update the firmware but first return my car to stock...so i get home from work, return to stock and go inside to update the firmware and it said there was an error and now my tuner is stuck on the screen saying "system start up...please wait...filesystem error...needs to be reloaded"

any suggestions that would not involve having to call somebody in the morning and probably have to be late for work

Last edited:

Infamous05

forum member
Reaction score
I had the same thing happen to my SCT SF3. The only way I was able to get it fixed was to call SCT and they sent me the stock 05 gt file for my car. And then unlocked my tuner. It took all of 15 minutes once I got them on the phone. But Sorry to hear about the crappy luck.

shad2009

forum member
Reaction score
thanks for your help, but i found the problem...somehow they had my intake as the jlt series 3 when it's the series 1...i must have accidentally selected the series 3...problem solved now i just have to drive 100 miles and get an inspection

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
thanks for your help, but i found the problem...somehow they had my intake as the jlt series 3 when it's the series 1...i must have accidentally selected the series 3...problem solved now i just have to drive 100 miles and get an inspection

RTM for the driving cycle, it's not a 100 miles and the codes are reset.

shad2009

forum member
Reaction score
So if you are running a off road mid pipe and have your tuner turn the o2s off u will not pass inspection?

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?q0fxzj

if your state has an emission test and your o2's are turned off you will fail...just get your 87 and 89/91(whichever your midgrade tune is) tuned with the o2's on and you won't have problems

RTM for the driving cycle, it's not a 100 miles and the codes are reset.

it's gonna be 100 miles lol...i drove around highway and city for about 50 miles and it's 50 miles to my job haha

Last edited by a moderator:

S197gt07

forum member
Reaction score
So if you are running a off road mid pipe and have your tuner turn the o2s off u will not pass inspection?

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?q0fxzj

if your state has an emission test and your o2's are turned off you will fail
Correct
...just get your 87 and 89/91(whichever your midgrade tune is) tuned with the o2's on and you won't have problems
Wrong. If you have an O/R midpipe, and turn your rear O2's on you'll fail inspection because you'll get a CEL.

it's gonna be 100 miles lol...i drove around highway and city for about 50 miles and it's 50 miles to my job haha

Did you read the manual? Dave is saying its not just drive 100 miles, you have to drive at specific speeds, decel from 75 to 40 or something, and other things. Its not as simple as you thing.

ford20

forum member
Reaction score
Correct

Wrong. If you have an O/R midpipe, and turn your rear O2's on you'll fail inspection because you'll get a CEL.

Did you read the manual? Dave is saying its not just drive 100 miles, you have to drive at specific speeds, decel from 75 to 40 or something, and other things. Its not as simple as you thing.

Did you understand his post? He said it is 50 miles to work which means it is 50 miles back home which added together it is 100 miles lol. That was where he got it from lol

S197gt07

forum member
Reaction score
Right, I think the OP thinks its just 100 miles of driving and you're good. The procedure for a drive cycle is not that simple.

shad2009

forum member
Reaction score
noooooo, i know it's a combination of different things, i just said 100 miles...i'm not THAT slow with everything haha

shad2009

forum member
Reaction score
Call SCT. Sometimes it is frustrating getting the right person on the phone but they will get you situated!

i got it all situated...something was wrong with my tuner though, because it wouldn't connect to my computer when i was holding cancel while plugging it in...but we got it worked out, got my tunes loaded, no codes, now just doing the cycle so i can get re-inspected and get back to my 93 tune:clap:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back