Need help from GT/CS front bumper owners

mfergel

forum member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'll probably be putting a GT/CS bumper on my car. What type of fasteners are used to attach the bottom of the bumper to the the GT/CS splash shield portion? I'm thinking it's some type of plastic fastener and not bolts since it looks like you can't get at the middle two if it were a nut.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
Before mine flew off at the track, it was attached with little wood screws and a square caged nuts on the other side that held onto the plastic. I think there were some push pins involved as well. I haven't has a splash shield on for about 2 years now though.

I have a brand new one just waiting! :p

avinaj80

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I've gone thru a million of those garbage plastic screws... I now have that thing BOLTED on... And I mean bolted... The panel to the bumper and the splash guard to the panel... Prepare to lose the fasteners if your car is lowered... It's imminent...

mfergel

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks. I did a test fit with the one I have. I bolted it for now but honestly, the bolts look like crap since I can see them. Maybe painting them black will help in the end. Otherwise I might have to look for some time of low profile bolt or something.

mfergel

forum member
Reaction score
You can see them? oh my OCD brother. lol

Oh yeah. Very obvious. Stainless steel bolts with washers. Maybe I'll just paint them black after I put them on. Everything is still up in the air. This is all in getting my vehicle repaired after a hit and run.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back