Need help with wiring for n2o

Mustangfreak

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Ok, I have this relay, and my TPS but, I don't know which wires go where.

Now I know on both the red is postive. The black is negative, but the relay doesnt have a black. Also, the TPS has 2 blue wires. Both are solid blue, which one is which?

The Relay
relay.jpg

The TPS
TPS.jpg

Can anyone help me out?

MLC40

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Ok, I have this relay, and my TPS but, I don't know which wires go where.

Now I know on both the red is postive. The black is negative, but the relay doesnt have a black. Also, the TPS has 2 blue wires. Both are solid blue, which one is which?

The Relay
relay.jpg

The TPS
TPS.jpg

Can anyone help me out?

Hard to tell from the pic but the relay should have larger wires on the output side. Does the bottom of the relay have numbers on it? As for the TPS, I can not help you with that one.

08GT/CS

Reaction score
- The two blue wires from the TPS switch go to the fuel and nitrous solenoids
- The black wire from the TPS switch goes to ground
- The white or gray wire goes to the car's TPS sensor
- The red wire from the TPS switch goes to terminal 87 on the relay

- Terminal 30 on the relay should be supplied with 12V
- Terminal 85 on the relay should be supplied with 12V when you activate the nitrous by turning on an "arm" switch.
- Terminal 86 on the relay should be ground (either regular ground or have it become a ground when the window switch hits the preset RPM range)

With the wires hooked up this way, the relay will only allow power from terminal 30 (supply) to terminal 87 (supplies 12V to the solenoids) when 85 is "armed" and 86 is ground.

Mustangfreak

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
- The two blue wires from the TPS switch go to the fuel and nitrous solenoids
- The black wire from the TPS switch goes to ground
- The white or gray wire goes to the car's TPS sensor
- The red wire from the TPS switch goes to terminal 87 on the relay

- Terminal 30 on the relay should be supplied with 12V
- Terminal 85 on the relay should be supplied with 12V when you activate the nitrous by turning on an "arm" switch.
- Terminal 86 on the relay should be ground (either regular ground or have it become a ground when the window switch hits the preset RPM range)

With the wires hooked up this way, the relay will only allow power from terminal 30 (supply) to terminal 87 (supplies 12V to the solenoids) when 85 is "armed" and 86 is ground.
`
Thanks dude. Now just to figure out what wires on the relay belong to the terminal.

I suck at wiring if you can't tell lol.

08GT/CS

Reaction score
When you remove the connector and look at the relay pins, do you see small numbers next to each pin? If not, is there a manufacturer's name on the relay? If not, is one of the 4 wires a smaller diameter than the others?

08GT/CS

Reaction score
The Hella web site has 3 pages of relays. If we can match your relay with one of the part numbers on the site, then it gives us the pin arrangement. From there, we can figure out which wires are which. Does the relay have a part number or can you match it to one of the relays on this site?
http://www.hella.co.nz/?t=9&pcid=497

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back