Neighbor wants to open a dog kennel....

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
On a side note, I find it funny your avatar is a cat, while you are complaining about dogs coming into your neighborhood.

Seriously though, when is the hearing date? Show up, come prepared with lot/property line information (relevant to the exact distance this kennel would be placed), the zoning, know the city ordinances which would allow such re-zoning (under what conditions), and bring any neighbors you can.

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
On a side note, I find it funny your avatar is a cat, while you are complaining about dogs coming into your neighborhood.

Seriously though, when is the hearing date? Show up, come prepared with lot/property line information (relevant to the exact distance this kennel would be placed), the zoning, know the city ordinances which would allow such re-zoning (under what conditions), and bring any neighbors you can.

LOL! That is funny. I hadn't noticed that.

I have already started gathering Town code and studying it. Formulating some ideas about how to put the kibosh on this. Was already planning to print a map to "help" the board visualize the location in relation to my dwelling.

5.0 Probie

forum member
Reaction score
Fight it like you hate your neighbor. Reality is she will hate you the moment you defend your way of life. Sorry but it is true. Just trust me on that. You must become the noisiest, fact carrying person in the room ( I do not mean yelling and crap, I mean the one with examples of your concern for any an every rebuttal)...

Bottom line... This should not be allowed. because of your right of property value and quality of life. Every single kennel that has gone in, the houses around it are nearly impossible to sell. Even at a 20% price reduction. And that is in "Today's" market...

There is a reason the codes are set like they are. Those before you fought and won for peace. Now it is your turn to defend those codes provided to you. Good luck!

2011/5.0

Reaction score
I would be pissed ! Do your homework and make a solid presentation about your property devaluation and quality of life. I just love sitting in bed listening to our neighbors new dog bark with our windows open [emoji107]

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Get a Dog wistle and record in on your iphone (or what ever phone and app you have) then put it on endless loop and play it loud through your stereo. I'm sure that the howells from the dogs present at the kennel will prevent new people from leaving their dogs there. I'm also pretty sure that the people who drop off dogs there won't take them back. Thats only if she gets it open. It will ruin your qualifty of life for a short time and ruin her kennel buisness forever.

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
That would make my dog mental. I can't do that.like

She breeds and occasionally trains pure bred dobermans. Beautiful dogs. Well trained and mostly quiet. But I just know a bunch of dogs unfamiliar with each other are gonna bark like crazy.

06silverbullet

forum member
Reaction score
thats shitty, frankly i'm beggining to fucking hate god damn dogs thanks to my fiances piece of fucking worthless shit shitzu. god damn thing pisses and shits in the house, we locked her in the large bathroom thats tiles while we're gone so it literally chewed the fucking wall up.. we got her a soft kennel of which she chewed a hole through.... i'm fuckin over dogs at this point. hell i want to take a 12g to the damn thing and what it turn to red mist.

anywho back to the topic my aunt had a kennel license in a nice nieghborhood and basically i believe she had to get approval from the neighbors inorder to obtain the actual license from the city. she did get it and course then the neighbors complained, frankly i would have considering the value of the homes i wouldn't want 15 dogs next to me.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back