New car. what's best to protect and make it pop?

DOFORLIFE

forum member
Reaction score
Well I got a 2015 ingot silver GT it's daily driven and looking for something that will protect and get it closer to a show car shine and smoothness. Been looking into polish angel and a few other things. What would you guys do?

28ONE

Reaction score
Congrats on the new ride! I'd recommend the following first if you haven't already done so:

1) Wash
2) Carpro IronX Decon
3) Claybar
4) Carpro Dlux Coating for all your plastic trim

I can tell you right now showcar shine for a daily is indeed quite a task. Some questions you have to ask yourself:

- Budget and how much work do you plan on investing??
- Do you want a wax, sealant or a coating? (all three require prep work - as noted in the steps above)
- Do you have to deal with snow?

I'll list 3 options I've personally used:

I've had Polish Angel Cosmic Glasscoat on my GT for 10 months now - holding up like a champ. Even though Cosmic is one of the easiest coatings to apply, it is time consuming. You're looking at about 2 days for the complete process. Is it scratch and swirl resistant? No but it is a sacrificial layer on top of the OEM clearcoat. Coatings will provide the longest protection but not everyone likes the glassy look. Maintenance is a breeze for coated vehicles.

Sonax Polymer Netshield with Sonax Brilliant Shine Detailer. Excellent combination with protection lasting at least 6 months. Very easy application - Youtube has a couple of application videos.

Traditional Carnauba wax - hard to beat the warm glow of a car that's waxed. Only thing I don't like is wax is a dust magnet.

DOFORLIFE

forum member
Reaction score
I was looking at doing a coating. I know it's time intensive but I have 3 day weekends most of the year. I just know wax doesn't work and when you travel 214 miles a day to work it just collects dust like it's nothing. I personally like the glass look polish angel gives but is their something that protects better that I won't have to redo every other weekend?

28ONE

Reaction score
Once Cosmic is applied, the coating will last 12-24 months - all contingent upon wash method and maintenance. Since you drive that much, you definitely want a coating!

2011/5.0

Reaction score
Mmmmm cosmic
1d4fa24c7d04616a7684c8e5858349bb.jpg

DOFORLIFE

forum member
Reaction score
Man your car looks amazing. I think I am gonna order me some for the stang and the fusion!

sidvicious

forum member
Reaction score
Once Cosmic is applied, the coating will last 12-24 months - all contingent upon wash method and maintenance. Since you drive that much, you definitely want a coating!

I almost never wash my car. Only had to do it this year to remove the Zaino to help prep for my Cosmic application. Does this mean my PolishAngel will last forever? :happythumbs:

28ONE

Reaction score
I almost never wash my car. Only had to do it this year to remove the Zaino to help prep for my Cosmic application. Does this mean my PolishAngel will last forever? :happythumbs:

In your case Tom, it probably will :popcorneat:

sidvicious

forum member
Reaction score
In your case Tom, it probably will :popcorneat:

Hahah James...I know I set myself up. Cosmic has been great so far. Bug juice comes off effortlessly with the maintenance spray I use(leftover Zaino). Finish is slick, shine is awesome. Depth is every bit as good as the six coats of Zaino I had on there; although with my color(Tungsten metallic) its obviously harder to see depth than with black.

RideThePony14

Reaction score
you might want to consider a clear bra too for the front of the car to help prevent rock chips etc since its your DD

claudermilk

Reaction score
^^^ This nicely segues into a question I now have.

My car is currently in the body shop getting major surgery after a dumbass didn't pay attention in stop & go traffic. The small silver lining is that I got pushed into the truck in front of me, so the front of the car is getting repainted. I now have a reboot on the paint.

So, I plan to do a full clear bra on the car this time (my mistake for not doing it before). But, I've been wondering how compatible a clear bra is with coatings like Polish Angel, etc. Thoughts from the experts?

28ONE

Reaction score
^^^ This nicely segues into a question I now have.

My car is currently in the body shop getting major surgery after a dumbass didn't pay attention in stop & go traffic. The small silver lining is that I got pushed into the truck in front of me, so the front of the car is getting repainted. I now have a reboot on the paint.

So, I plan to do a full clear bra on the car this time (my mistake for not doing it before). But, I've been wondering how compatible a clear bra is with coatings like Polish Angel, etc. Thoughts from the experts?

Are you going with 3M ppf (paint protection film)? yes you can coat it, but keep in mind when using Primer/Cosmic - Primer is actually a super fine polish. So you will need to find out the the clear bra can be polished. Next, as a precautionary measure, tape the edge of the clear bra so you don't accumulate polish buildup.

claudermilk

Reaction score
Don't know yet. I have a month to wait before I even get the car back in my hands. I've seen the end result of having a partial panel covered for several year (uuuugly), so I was thinking cover the entire bumper, hood, and fenders to avoid the seam & differing paint fade. It sounds like I'll want to go with the 3M if possible. Thanks for the info.

Lupo222

forum member
Reaction score
For protection: Nanohide hands down. 7 years protection, scratch resistant and self-healing, UV protection, chemical protection. I haven't washed my car in 4 weeks and it stills looks like it did after I washed it.

For shine and protection: I like Wolfgangs Deep Gloss 2.0. Great protection and the shine is equivalent to a pure carnuba.

For just shine: P21S is pretty good, and so is Wolfgang Fuzion or Chemical Guys Butter Wax. Theres a ton for shine though, its just your preference.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back