New decklid emblem

Speedboosted

Found missing cylinders
Reaction score
Saw this on Facebook and decided to give it a shot. One of my friends was kind enough to give me his old stock grille so I could use the pony emblem. Need to finish clearing up the tape but pleased with the results.

irishpwr46

Official Site Vandal
Reaction score
if you filled and painted the keyhole it would look even better

Redline727

"I wanna go fast!"
Reaction score
I like this, I was toying with the idea of doing the RTR decklid and putting a custom emblem on it. My first thought was the pony emblem or a tribar pony. But then I got to thinking I could do just about anything. I am kind of a Marvel geak and my favorite character is Venom and my car is white an black so I was also toying with the idea with something with Venom...Sorry I used your thread to think out loud lol

Speedboosted

Found missing cylinders
Reaction score
Yeah I was trying to think of ways to fix the key hole. I don't want to drop a ton of money in it to get it shaved off or something like that...any cost conscious ideas?

Speedboosted

Found missing cylinders
Reaction score
If they made something like the RTR decklid for '05 to '09's that'd be your best bet.

They don't unfortunately...I just took off the CDC rear panel which is sort of like the RTR, but with ridges and has texture to it. I didn't really care for it though. I still use that key hole...so what about painting it white? Or maybe getting some sort of cap to pop over it?

Thanks for the compliments guys, I appreciate it!

sidvicious

forum member
Reaction score
I think it looks good. I'm a fan of blacking out the area between the tail lights on 05-09s. If you blacked it out, that chrome horse would really pop. JMO, it looks good as it is.

Speedboosted

Found missing cylinders
Reaction score
Going for the '15 look, eh?

A little bit, yeah.

The original picture I saw it on, the car was black and it really popped...I haven't thought about painting the decklid black, around the pony logo. I just took off the CDC panel, just didn't care for the ridges in it

irishpwr46

Official Site Vandal
Reaction score
i have this one in black that im thinking about doing the same thing with

il_570xN.591596338_4e6f.jpg

irishpwr46

Official Site Vandal
Reaction score
thats an actual emblem, theyre on etsy available in different colors

Speedboosted

Found missing cylinders
Reaction score
Doesn't look terrible, however I think either shaved or the faux cap is still better.

Shaved is the best look to me, but that wasn't something I wanted to dump money into. I get bored easily with things and I would hate to do something so permanent like shaving the entire thing.

Thats my car with the old panel...I may paint (dip) the decklid and then slap the pony on top of that...

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back