New from Ohio

Mikey383

Reaction score
Hi there. I'm Mike. I recently bought a 2012 GT premium, which is my first Mustang. I've been a Chevy guy for a long time, but the new Chevys turn me off. I've always had a soft spot for the sound of a 5.0 Mustang with Flowmasters and secretly wanted one. My son recently got his license, so instead of buying him a car, my wife and I decided I could get a new car and he could take over the minivan I'd been driving. I knew I wanted a performance car since it's been 13 years since I've owned one. I decided I wanted a newer Mustang, so I went out and bought this one.

I've had it for 2 months now, and installed long tube headers, a CAI, Flowmasters, lowered it 1.5", added rear quarter louvers, tint, and installed red halos. Next (when the wife allows) are a Boss 302 intake, cowl hood, and new cams. I've done all the work myself.

20181220_114327.jpg20181222_144502.jpg

Iceman62

Bullitt 6005
Reaction score
Greetings fm NE & congrats on the new-to-you ride. Sweet look'n GT & good call on handing-down the van to your teen so you could get the 'stang. Just be wary of the old saying..."if the van's a rock'n..." ;) :D

JK, remember to teach your teen to drive a stick...they'll thank you later. :D

Mikey383

Reaction score
Thanks!

I plan on teaching him to drive a stick, but want to wait for warmer weather. I have a 2005 Ranger that's a 5 speed that he's wanting to drive. He kept talking about learning in the Mustang, until I took him out for a ride a few nights ago. Now he's scared of it. :) I didn't go above 70, but we got there in a hurry.

Shaggy

Head PooBaa of the Asylum
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Hi there. I'm Mike. I recently bought a 2012 GT premium, which is my first Mustang. I've been a Chevy guy for a long time, but the new Chevys turn me off. I've always had a soft spot for the sound of a 5.0 Mustang with Flowmasters and secretly wanted one. My son recently got his license, so instead of buying him a car, my wife and I decided I could get a new car and he could take over the minivan I'd been driving. I knew I wanted a performance car since it's been 13 years since I've owned one. I decided I wanted a newer Mustang, so I went out and bought this one.

I've had it for 2 months now, and installed long tube headers, a CAI, Flowmasters, lowered it 1.5", added rear quarter louvers, tint, and installed red halos. Next (when the wife allows) are a Boss 302 intake, cowl hood, and new cams. I've done all the work myself.

View attachment 68734View attachment 68735

Nice! Welcome to the forum!

bujeezus

forum member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. My boy turned 15 a couple of months ago and is in no hurry to get his permit. I couldn't wait to get mine. I even offered to let him drive the Bullitt a little for some incentive and the look of horror that crossed his face perplexed me.
"Don't you want to drive it?"
"Hell no! If I wrecked it you'd kill me!"
LOL!!!

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back