New hood question

07Alloy

forum member
Reaction score
I am thinking of getting a kaenan 3'' cowl hood since I have someone who may be buying my stock hood. My question is...should I attempt to keep the weatherstripping, washer nozzles, and latch bar. I know the latch bar will fit on new hood, but do the other things? Anyone with this hood?

07Alloy

forum member
Reaction score
Was this a stupid question. I have never heard of anyone transferring their weatherstripping.

bronxbomba63

forum member
Reaction score
I'm not sure about the weather stripping, but the nozzles should fit. Also, I know you can mount the nozzles on the wiper blades. Not sure how to do it exactly. Also, if you don't use the washer fluid, you can always just take it out, and you won't even have to worry about installing the nozzles.

07Alloy

forum member
Reaction score
So...does your cali dream hood have weatherstripping on it? Maybe it really isnt needed either way. Yeah, I knew about mounting the nozzles to the wipers, although I would rather not do it that way. Thanks for the reply.

CHEEDAR07

CHEESE PUFF
Reaction score
just make sure on the hood you purchase that it has places to put your nozzels, because i know i got a trufiber gt3 hood that resembles the kr hood it does not but other brands did have it. But i would not worry about the other items.

Attachments

• 044.jpg
    044.jpg
    385.2 KB · Views: 6
  • 090.jpg
    090.jpg
    351.3 KB · Views: 8
  • 089.jpg
    089.jpg
    305.3 KB · Views: 8

*JZ*

forum member
Reaction score
weather striping is not needed.

keep your latch bar

the washer nozzles keep, but you can not reuse them on the hood. There is a relocation kit that goes in the wiperblade arms that we sell. It's on our website under exterior/hoods section

www.blowbyracing.com

we also have the 3" Kaenen/BBR hood on the site.

NotQuik

I can't drive
Reaction score
John pretty much summed it up....I reused to latch bar, no stripping, and still need the relocation kit.

07Alloy

forum member
Reaction score
Thats what I was hoping everyone would say. I dont think you would really need the weatherstripping. Isnt there some way to mount the nozzles in under the rear of the cowl. I would think this would be the best place for them. Thanks for all the responses.

bronxbomba63

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah, I don't have weatherstripping on the hood. It's not needed. As far as the nozzles go, I may be mistaken, but are you asking if it's possible to mount them on the underside of the hood, closer to the windshield?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back