Cervinis Hood Fitment

007Stallion

Reaction score
Thank you everyone for your suggestions and advice. This is the first time I’m installing an aftermarket hood, though I’ve been working on my own cars for 20+ years. I just assumed it wouldn’t take as much effort to get it right. A cheaper hood I would have suspected as much.

If I may make a suggestion...I saw you had mentioned hood pins.
If you are good with the fitment, I would install hood pins before painting. Any "mistakes" can be fixed, and painted on top of.
If the paint/body shop is doing it, then don't mind me :)

PS: I have the same hood and the Drake pins look great and fit perfectly.

Yep, I’m installing the hood pins, same ones you mentioned, prior to paint. I considered the hood pins from Cervinis, but they are awfully proud of them.

bmeaggie, that’s a sharp looking Mustang and I was considering that same hood w/o the louvers. Is that Grabber Orange? I was looking for GO when I came across my white mustang.

There is NOTHING wrong with your new hood it's the way the Mustang is built, not one leaving the plant are exactly the same. Adjustments to fit are 100% normal. I'm so anal it took me 10+ hours to get my Cervinis 2000 Cobra R hood aligned on my 1996 GT. And I know for a fact my 1996 has never been in one accident.

On the S-197 If you remove both front fenders you can access the hinge to body bolts. And that's the ONLY way you can access that one bolt on the hinge to body. But you really should not have to do that, but it is possible.

Your doing great on the adjustments. I would loosen the passenger side fender and pull it away from the hood up by the headlight a bit more. Remember the hood moves when driving down the road you don't want that freshly painted hood touching the fender at all.

Also, You can have the body man shave off some material off the hood to get that perfect fit if need be.

I removed the top 4 fender mounting bolts and had my son pull on the fender a bit to loosen the hinge to body bolts. I got most of adjustment from this. Also pulled out the fender a bit. Talked with the body shop and they said they may cheat the RH fender a bit and/or shave the hood there a bit. I’m super anal about stuff as well.

I’ll be dropping the car off on Memorial Day and they’ll start the following day. I’ll have it back at the end of the week.

Still trying to decide if I want the hood painted like this:

D4B49CA9-68FD-4078-9E0C-34BC81CAD69A.jpeg

Or all white like this:

89DBFFE4-1675-4385-86E8-9FA46ECE2E71.jpeg

I have a Cervinis B2 chin spoiler I’ll be installing after paint and maybe some black rocker stripes. Shop quoted an extra $200 to paint the center black w/ the pin stripe.

Last edited:

MrBhp

Reaction score
All white with subtle striping is my vote.

gbstang

Reaction score
I got the Heat Extractor from Cervini. Body shop did all the work, they are a vendor for them.
I would rate fit & finish 9 out of 10. Hood is also a few pounds heavier than my stocker was.
What you got is as good as mine fits.

Mine was the extractor as well, you can barely tell in the photo.. I used the heat extractors from a Shelby GT500 on that Cervinis hood on the (Blue) Shelby GT, I also used the Shelby Hood pins..
My hood was painted prior to shipping--It was shipped to me in Korea!! I installed the pins and extractors there in country and was shocked when the hood shipped FEDEX international and arrived in pristine condition!
My adjustments were minor though I did have to adjust alot of areas but in the end a great hood and look!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back