New Mustang owner self intro - With pictures!

chilema

Reaction score
New owner of 2013 Red Candy GT -Intro with pictures! :)

Hey all,

New 5.0 owner reporting for duty! Just picked up a 2013 Red Candy GT a month ago but haven't gotten around to posting on the forums till now. Having just graduated from school and started work I thought I'd reward myself with a new car. It sure was a big jump from the 91 Mitsubishi 3000GT to a muscle car but I'm lovin' it!

My old car:
216343_10150553847795344_6518820_n.jpg

314237_10150767086105344_888080343_20376037_714861_n.jpg

Like its predecessor, the Mustang will also see autocross action. I'll be running it in the SCCA F-Stock class for the next year or so. It's going to be a frugal build; so far I have a set of Koni Yellows installed and some dirt cheap R-comp scrubs mounted on the OEM wheels. I'm probably stopping at some Ford crash bolts for more camber and will see about how necessary a front bar is going to be.

I got a set of the AMR 18x9s in Charcoal from American Muscle and I'll be running my OEM tires on those as daily driving wheels for a good while. Anyways, on to the pictures!

Stock off the dealership lot. I have a soft spot for B&W shots.
546642_10151580744995344_1618891894_n.jpg

Some quick shots after installing the new wheels

IMG_0250.JPG

IMG_0247.JPG

IMG_0270.JPG

Cheers!

-Howard

Last edited:

VTXFrank

Obama SUCKS!
Reaction score
Congrats on the new ride, Howard, and welcome to the forums!! You will find that with minimal mods, these Mustang's can really handle on the road course. My suggestions would entail Steeda Sport Springs to compliment those Koni's, an adjustable PHB and LCA's with relocation brackets. But you may not be able to do all of that in your class. I'm not that familiar with the different class rules.

Talk to Sam Strano, a member and vendor on the forums, about setting up your Mustang. He is a 7-time SCCA champion and really knows these cars inside and out.

LAStang1234

----------DSL----------
Reaction score
Welcome brother! I'm guessing you've graduated from College right, not high school considering that you bought a brand new car?! Great pictures btw!

chilema

Reaction score
Congrats on the new ride, Howard, and welcome to the forums!! You will find that with minimal mods, these Mustang's can really handle on the road course. My suggestions would entail Steeda Sport Springs to compliment those Koni's, an adjustable PHB and LCA's with relocation brackets. But you may not be able to do all of that in your class. I'm not that familiar with the different class rules.

Talk to Sam Strano, a member and vendor on the forums, about setting up your Mustang. He is a 7-time SCCA champion and really knows these cars inside and out.

Hi Frank! Yeah in F-Stock I won't be able to do anything past struts/shocks, swaybar on one end of the car, catback, and of course any tire you can squeeze onto stock sized wheels +/- half an inch offset. When I leave the class in the future I'll definitely be looking into all the goodies for this car though.

I actually did talk to Sam by e-mail a couple of times, almost bought my Koni's from him. In the end I was in a hurry to get them on the car before an event and a local vendor happened to have them. He definitely knows his stuff on these cars though. I'll be going to him for a future build for sure.

Welcome brother! I'm guessing you've graduated from College right, not high school considering that you bought a brand new car?! Great pictures btw!

Thanks! Yup, I meant graduated from college haha. I do feel lucky to have a job as a new college grad in this economy though! I hear so many stories from my peers about how awful the job hunt has been. :(

With 6 years of driving and 3 years of of autocross under my belt I'd say I'm not that new to cars. But, I've done my share of dumb things with a car and I feel like it's going to be a whole lot easier to do those in a 5.0, so I'll definitely try to keep that in the back of my head when I drive my car.

Last edited by a moderator:

DDTCM

Dan
Reaction score
Welcome aboard! Car is beautiful but it's gonna take me a minute to get used to the new rearend just like when I bought the 11.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back