New numbers built motor novi 2200

degmidget

forum member
Reaction score
Hey guys just finished my build finally! It was a long road but worth it! Before I had stock motor, factory manifolds, and stock intake pipe. It made 519 to the wheels and trapped 125 at the track. Now the new mods are..
Built teksid block 10.0 comp
Ported heads with comp 127450 cams
8 rib kit 3.0 pulley 10% crank pulley
Anderson power pipe
Kooks lt's 1 5/8
Magnaflow 2.5 catback
Car made 20 psi and 739 to the tire revving to 7200 rpm on 100 octane vp pump fuel we have here in ct. Excited to see how it does next time at the track but 220 more whp should be awesome. I also did a t56 magnum xl swap with the longer 2.66 first gear so ill see how it all works with my 410s. Should still do over 50 in first gear and 140 in 4th so it should be good! Car should be capable of 9s but bottum 10s ill be happy with!

myystanng

forum member
Reaction score
Did you tune it on 93? Curious what this would make on that too?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

myystanng

forum member
Reaction score
That's awesome numbers and

degmidget

forum member
Reaction score
Thank you guys. Is 7200 ok with the 3v ive seen plenty of people rev to 7000. Also cant run 93 to much boost and compression for pump

NoviBlownGT

Boosted Crew
Reaction score
Very nice! Very similar setup to mine! I rev to 7200, you could probably even go a little higher with those cams. I have 127350s.

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
Thank you guys. Is 7200 ok with the 3v ive seen plenty of people rev to 7000. Also cant run 93 to much boost and compression for pump

It depends on a few things. I've revved mine to 7300 and it survived but it really doesn't make sense vs the risk.

The load on the rotating assembly gets larger the higher the rpms. This means that any imbalance will get magnified. SFI rated flywheel, clutch assembly, and balancer are good ideas when revving that high.

You are making so much power that it really doesn't make much sense unless it's a gearing issue. But then again most of the things we do don't make much sense, lol.

Edit: You also need to consider max rpm for the blower. It has a set rating from the manufacturer. IIRC it's around 52,000 rpm.

degmidget

forum member
Reaction score
The max blower speed is 60k for the paxton 2200 im just over 60k I believe. If I revved to 7k im sure I would be right at 60.

NoviBlownGT

Boosted Crew
Reaction score
I run mine my SL 63K, SL unit its rated for 53k, non SL are 60k. Just trying to get all that this little blower has to give. I swapped from 3.15 to 3in pulley and didnt gain anything. So starting to think this little things is about maxed.

Grover

forum member
Reaction score
I'm very interested in any feedback regards how the T56 runs with 410's and being SC'd.

degmidget

forum member
Reaction score
I love sidewall too lol with the longer gears I should be good im running a 28 inch tall tire. And really all the research I did it showed 60k I guess the internet isnt always right!

degmidget

forum member
Reaction score
Also my iats stayed good on the dyno so doesnt seem to be just pumping hot air I guess time will tell!

NoviBlownGT

Boosted Crew
Reaction score
I had methanol on my setup but never really ran it so I pulled it off. IATs never really get to crazy. Overall the paxton performs quite well.

Wild White Pony

forum member
Reaction score
I cant wait to get some YSi in my life lol. Once this auto swap is done that's on deck.

The YSI is nice since you won't outgrow it's ability with a 4.6 or stroker, I would love to see numbers on one of those B53 shortblocks. Just a note after the dyno session I took it home and started to check drivability, it would kill after it shifted into a couple gears. The loads changed and were high during normal driving. So if your going to pulley these Novi's or YSI's down to get boost numbers in the mid 20s you will need to increase your engine displacement settings so it won't screw up your normal driving, especially if your using a Mafia voltage extender.

NoviBlownGT

Boosted Crew
Reaction score
The YSI is nice since you won't outgrow it's ability with a 4.6 or stroker, I would love to see numbers on one of those B53 shortblocks. Just a note after the dyno session I took it home and started to check drivability, it would kill after it shifted into a couple gears. The loads changed and were high during normal driving. So if your going to pulley these Novi's or YSI's down to get boost numbers in the mid 20s you will need to increase your engine displacement settings so it won't screw up your normal driving, especially if your using a Mafia voltage extender.

Thats why I dont dyno tune my car. The load characteristics are not the same and it will affect drive ability. I'm running the PMAS HPX-E maf and it works great. I'm running 22-23psi and drive ability is similar to NA. Mostly due to Lito's tuning!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back