New PB @ NMRA 2014 GT

JLear

2014 GT
Reaction score
I took my '14 GT to NMRA in Bowling Green and ran True Street with the hopes of getting a 11 second slip. That didn't quite work out lol. The car is a base 14 auto with exhaust, tune, and was ran on a drag radial. There was no weight reduction other than removing the spare tire in order to haul 26"et streets to the track (of which I ran on the car while there, all but one pass).

Here's the 3 of the fastest passes with the 26" ET Streets.. (slowest pass the car made was a 12.140)

All True Street entries received free entry to a 1/4 bracket class on Sunday so I made a few passes in that just to get more tries at the 11's, that did not work out. But, after my first round win and another 12.0x I had no intentions of trying again because of the wait so I put my 28" ET streets back on and was going to head home. Just a few minutes after I finished they called us back to staging so I said what the hell and went back and made another pass just to compare the two tire heights and their results, fully expecting to go slower with the taller tires. With the 28's the car had almost identical et to the 26's but was 1 mph slower. Just thought I'd share that for anyone on the fence about selecting a tire based on height..

I had a blast and wish I could've walked around and met a few of you guys, but True Street kept us occupied all day Saturday. The last car count I heard was 134 for our class.

corey5988

forum member
Reaction score
Nice. I didn't get to meet up with anyone either. I don't recall seeing your car in True Class, but I was near the front of the line. Was hoping to see some pics of mine on the gallery, but I guess it's not worthy enough.

JLear

2014 GT
Reaction score
Nice. I didn't get to meet up with anyone either. I don't recall seeing your car in True Class, but I was near the front of the line. Was hoping to see some pics of mine on the gallery, but I guess it's not worthy enough.

I think I was towards the back of the group, with so many cars in the class it was easy to not see them all lol. Luckily a buddy found the pics of my car, there's alot on there!

2011/5.0

Reaction score
Iirc you traded off a gt500 how do like the auto at the strip? They drive very smooth eh

kylecm85

forum member
Reaction score
There was a ton of cars in true street. Had fun hanging out with you bud. That 11 is so close. Car runs great.

JLear

2014 GT
Reaction score
Iirc you traded off a gt500 how do like the auto at the strip? They drive very smooth eh

Yup that's me. I love the auto at the track, I wasn't a very good stick driver but wanted to race so this is perfect for me.

There was a ton of cars in true street. Had fun hanging out with you bud. That 11 is so close. Car runs great.

Thanks bro, thank y'all for saving room for us to eat with y'all.

JLear

2014 GT
Reaction score
Went back to the track today, still trying for a 11 second slip. Ran a couple more 12.0x's but did manage 117.4 mph on one pass. I'm thinking it's just not meant for me to get a 11 as is lol.

Back