NEXUS Wideband Gauge

S197 GT

PINK Casting Director
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I recently picked up the brand new NEXUS Wideband to go along with the rest of my NEXUS system.

For those that aren't familiar with this line of gauges, I recommend checking this out...http://www.autometer.com/demos/nexus/

These gauges are the easiest to install out of all of the Autometer gauges. Where other gauges wire up separately, these gauges just piggy back off of each other.

You need to buy the NEXUS Control Module to run the NEXUS series, but along with it comes a Remote Control in which you can change the colors of the gauges (think MyColor option), set individual warning levels, and you can even datalog using an SD card and the NEXUS software.

The gauges themselves all piggyback into eachother for power, and the last gauge in the chain connects to the Control Module. Then all of the sendors for the gauges plug into their respective slots in the Control Module.

Now onto the Wideband installation:

The Wideband comes complete with a replacement Bosch o2 sensor, the gauge, and the harness. It's a truly hassle free install.

Note: The new Wideband is in need of a Firmware upgrade in order to run on the current 8 Channel Controller. There is a new 12 Channel Controller that will not only have the Firmware update hardwired into it, but it will also have an ODB II plug for datalogging. (Look to DynoJoe or any other Sponsoring Vendor for details on the release)

Since the current 8 Channel Control Module doesn't have a sendor slot for the Wideband, you just plug the sendor into the back of the gauge face and piggy back the Wideband to the closest gauge.

You will want to either weld in a bung for the new o2 sensor into your midpipe/headers before the cats, or if you have an off road midpipe/headers just replace the rear o2 sensor with the supplied Bosch sensor. I used the driver's side.

The Wideband harness also comes with a power and ground wire for the Sensor Heating Element portion of the gauge. Basically, when you start the car, the Wideband counts down from 20.0 in order to heat up the sensor element and give an accurate reading.

normal_P1020406.JPG

normal_P1020411.JPG

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
good idea posting this Nick. il lsee if i can host the files for upgrading the firmware again

S197 GT

PINK Casting Director
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thanks bro! That'd be great!

Soon, a bunch more people should be getting this Wideband too....Of all the sites I frequent, I'm still the only one with the NEXUS Wideband.

Josh@PMP

Reaction score
S197 GT said:
Thanks bro! That'd be great!

Soon, a bunch more people should be getting this Wideband too....Of all the sites I frequent, I'm still the only one with the NEXUS Wideband.

Yea as soon as I got my Dynotunenitrous gauge Nexus released this like 1 week later. Everyone can thank me for that..... I knew as soon as I got something else it would finally come out.

V

VSOP

I would have them if autometer would get off its ass and release the new controller already

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
hahaha itll be 1.5 years in the making, like the gauge haha

3V_V8

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I am so sold on these gauges based on the fact that theycan be changed just like the mycolor setup. I made my buddies so jealous when I first showed em the mycolor....they have the older GTs....hehehe!!! Good info to know.

S197 GT

PINK Casting Director
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
3V_V8 said:
I am so sold on these gauges based on the fact that theycan be changed just like the mycolor setup. I made my buddies so jealous when I first showed em the mycolor....they have the older GTs....hehehe!!! Good info to know.

Check out how the NEXUS gauges look when not powered up...

normal_P1020423~0.JPG

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Hmm these look like a good option. I am still in need of a wide band and a boost gage, just haven't decided what I want to go with yet.

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
go with the nexus gauges especially if you have the my color option. its jsut a perfect match and fit

S197 GT

PINK Casting Director
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
VSOP said:
Ignore his gay steering wheel cover... :roll:

Don't hate on the Ford Racing Steering Wheel Cover!

I like the feel of it much better. I never liked the feel of just the stock wheel. It feels to thin for me.

Different strokes for different folks! :beer:

3V_V8

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
S197 GT said:
VSOP said:

I like the feel of it much better. I never liked the feel of just the stock wheel. It feels to thin for me.

At least it is a FRPP one...those pics look awesome, those gauges just look like they belong there. Nice pics!

V

VSOP

S197 GT said:
VSOP said:

Like I said gay ass cover.. But since you live in Cali we know you uys like everything GAY!!! :p

:lol: j/k

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
VSOP said:
S197 GT said:
VSOP said:

Like I said gay ass cover.. But since you live in Cali we know you uys like everything GAY!!! :p

:lol: j/k

hahaha

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Ca must be a very happy place, everyone there is GAY all the time. :twisted:

S197 GT

PINK Casting Director
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I wanted to give this a bump to see if anyone else is running this gauge...

S197 GT

PINK Casting Director
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Whats the benefit of wideband?

In short...

You use a Wideband to monitor your Air Fuel Ratio. There is a benefit over a Narrowband, because it the Narrowband only measures richer than, leaner than, or exactly at 14.7 (Stoich). You'll won't get an idea of HOW rich or HOW lean you will get. Only a light show bouncing back and forth...

If you are running Forced Induction, I'd say it's a pretty good idea to run one. Most would say that for a boosted application that, at minimum, you should run a boost/vac and fuel pressure gauge or a boost/vac and wideband. I am running all 3.

I was actually going to start another thread to try and get a good discussion on what people consider too lean or too rich, and the risks of each.

cheftjpeck

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
looks sharp...I went with the cobalt gauges so when I get a wideband af gauge it will probably be cobalt...my only worry is I have a double pod pillar..and adding the af wideband will be a 3rd gauge to my boost vac and elec fuel pressure...where would I put the 3rd without having to spend the extra $120 on a triple pod pillar and leaving a double pod pillar sitting in take off part hell....TJ...

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back