parkerboon46

Reaction score
So I pulled the trigger. Bought the cx racing kit. considering the extra parts that come with it and the slightly better build quality it was worth it to me. along with the complete/ full kit from cx racing here is the list of things I have come up with that will be needing to be ordered.

Ford Performance EV6 High Flow Fuel Injectors; 47 lb.
SR Performance O2 Sensor Extension Kit; Pair
JMS Slot MAF Extension Harness; Plug-N-Play
these 3 items I found on American muscle for those in the future that want this kit.
the next items are from all over the place:
AEM Wideband UEGO Air Fuel Ratio Gauge (30-4110)
this is from mapperfornance .com
PMAS HPX Extended Range Slot Style MAF Sensor
this MAF is from lethal performance and was picked based on the recommendation of my tuner. My tuner is well known as the man himself Lito. he's tuned a few mustangs on the setup I'm going for and I'm pretty confident in his abilities.
The price for the new tune will be $300 dollars since I've already had him tune my mustang before. If you were to go in without having ordered a tune previously it would cost $400

I'll keep you guys posted

parkerboon46

Reaction score
The kit will be at my door hopefully within a month. Then I plan to install the kit sometime in the early summer. keep you guys posted and I'll answer the questions I ca and hopefully have the questions I have answered as well.

MrBhp

Reaction score
Make sure you check every item you receive from AM immediately upon receipt. They regularly ship broken items. Many of us on this forum no longer do business with them. They are notoriously awful.

parkerboon46

Reaction score
Really? I've never had problems with AM thankfully. I'll make sure to double-check and maybe shop around on a different site for my parts if I can find them similarly priced.

parkerboon46

Reaction score
From what I've been told by my friends that have a lot more experience with turbo kits. The cx racing kit coming with the parts for the relocation is really great. With the on3 kit, you are able to order a lot more items straight from the same site and can keep the cost down if you are going more budget friendly. But the cx racing kit will have better longevity and is made of slightly less "chinesium"

MrBhp

Reaction score
The on3 kit will test the limits of your insanity. I continually had the urge to drive to California with bad intent. Hammers, chisels, torch, saw, and a lot of patience is required. But yeah, the ability to upgrade the kit was nice. And at the time it was the only kit available for the 3v.

Laga

Reaction score
Make sure you check every item you receive from AM immediately upon receipt. They regularly ship broken items. Many of us on this forum no longer do business with them. They are notoriously awful.
Just to be fair.
I’ve never had a problem with AM and I’ve ordered quite a bit of parts from them.

Dan07

Reaction score
I never had issue with AM until recently when my new alternator melted the lead wire to the battery. They did send a replacement with no issues though.

parkerboon46

Reaction score
Yeah from what I've seen on youtube the on3 kit is a pain to get installed sometimes, and while the cx racing kit will def have some clearance concerns, some exhaust wrap and some reworking should help.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back