Nitrous for the 2011

351inside

forum member
Reaction score
I still jave my old zex kit i was using on my 08 and i was wondering if it would work on the 11. I was using a wot switch on my zex kit and plan on using it on my 11 also. Only question is will the fuel sillnoid need an adapter like the 05+ use to feed the fuel from.. Or were can i get wat i need if its different...

stang1971

forum member
Reaction score
I still jave my old zex kit i was using on my 08 and i was wondering if it would work on the 11. I was using a wot switch on my zex kit and plan on using it on my 11 also. Only question is will the fuel sillnoid need an adapter like the 05+ use to feed the fuel from.. Or were can i get wat i need if its different...
yes the kit will work.. the fuel rail is different and you need to get a different piece http://www.nitrousexpress.com/product-details.php?id=457

and the tps wire is a different color.. i think its purple/green.. ill have to go look at my car to make sure but i think im right on that.

351inside

forum member
Reaction score
yes the kit will work.. the fuel rail is different and you need to get a different piece http://www.nitrousexpress.com/product-details.php?id=457

and the tps wire is a different color.. i think its purple/green.. ill have to go look at my car to make sure but i think im right on that.

is that the excact part i need i went into my local speed shop today and they said the part numbber was coming up with the fitting for the LS1... lmk so i can go ahead and order thanks alot man...

2011GT1979

12.3@110
Reaction score
is that the excact part i need i went into my local speed shop today and they said the part numbber was coming up with the fitting for the LS1... lmk so i can go ahead and order thanks alot man...

That fitting will work. The 2011 has 3/8" fuel lines as do the F-bodies and about ever other late model car/truck on the planet.

07stangcs

Undecided
Reaction score
I can confirm that your 3v kit will work just fine. I installed my old zex kit on a 5.0 and with a few exceptions it worked great. You need to get a fuel rail adapter as stated above plus your gonna need different jets. Also the tps wire was very iffy for some reason. We just wired it straight to the throttle and it worked great. Here's where I got my fuel rail adapter and give me a minute and I'll find the new jet chart from zex. We tried using the old jets which were close but we just bought some new sizes to be sure.
http://focus.c-f-m.com/cfmfuelpressuregaugenitrousfuelrailadapterfor2011mustanggt.aspx

351inside

forum member
Reaction score
I can confirm that your 3v kit will work just fine. I installed my old zex kit on a 5.0 and with a few exceptions it worked great. You need to get a fuel rail adapter as stated above plus your gonna need different jets. Also the tps wire was very iffy for some reason. We just wired it straight to the throttle and it worked great. Here's where I got my fuel rail adapter and give me a minute and I'll find the new jet chart from zex. We tried using the old jets which were close but we just bought some new sizes to be sure.
http://focus.c-f-m.com/cfmfuelpressuregaugenitrousfuelrailadapterfor2011mustanggt.aspx

Thanks, im not using the tps... im using a microswtich which i put by the gas pedal so that when i go WOT it clicks and opens that way...

im using an NX Y, so i use NX jets

RectalRampage

forum member
Reaction score
TPS based switch off of a TB blade reference is a lot safer then a microswitch on the pedal.

RectalRampage

forum member
Reaction score
I dont have the zex purple box anymore i only have the sillnoids and i dont know how to wore into the tb, so im just going to do it the way i did it on my 08

You can obtain a much cheaper generic NX style electric WOT switch from Dynotune nitrous for around 60 or 70 bucks.

Stepper motor driven throttle bodies typically have a blade position sensor for safety.

All you need to do is find the ECU pin out (or run a wire into the E. Bay) for this/these sensor(s) and wire it as you would a pedal position sensor.

On a lot of modern cars - just because your foot is to the floor does not mean the TB blade is actually all the way open; the ECU will manipulate blade positions under certain conditions regardless of the pedal position.

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back