Nitrous Setup

07stangcs

Undecided
Reaction score
Nitrous is fun!! Stock motor and stock pumps stay under 125 shot. Colder plugs and good tune after 75 shot. With the right setup it's amazing. I spray out the hole footbraking to 3400k. Im running a 150 shot right now and hoping to run low 10's soon

dagamore

Poor Driver mod
Reaction score
sparying or not spraying in 1st is a tough decision, it more depends on the amount of traction you have, whether its a good idea or not. One of the nice things about the Zex window switch, and NOS systems also has this feature, is that it allows you to skip gears. Dont know if i will do that or not. but its an option on the window switch i bough (zex)

SloSVO

Village Idiot
Reaction score
I had a Zex on my auto 05 on a 125 shot.. If you have 5k to spend.. I would go blower or turbo..you more likely to have a catastrophic failure with the oxide than with a properly tuned low boost FI..

even with the oxide you'll lose to most all FI cars..nitrous is cool i've used it on many of my cars... but FI is better in the long run..

sowbug

Reaction score
Why would a plate be better ? Outside air carries the nitrous/fuel into the manifold and if it's further away from the manifold it has more time to pick up velocity which should get it to the rear cylinders a little better than with a plate. Atomization, I would imagine, should be about the same given the extended time before entering the cylinder. Just a theory...

Nick@HSW

forum member
Reaction score
Why would a plate be better ? Outside air carries the nitrous/fuel into the manifold and if it's further away from the manifold it has more time to pick up velocity which should get it to the rear cylinders a little better than with a plate. Atomization, I would imagine, should be about the same given the extended time before entering the cylinder. Just a theory...

Discharge points. You get 10 nitrous and 10 fuel per each ring. This allows for even greater atomization of the fuel particles than any single discharge. In a conventional nozzle and some other brand plates you're actually disturbing incoming air. With the full 360* conical pattern you're going with the existing stream. Yes, the motor will pull air into cylinders as it sees fit, but you're missing the goal which is to fully saturate the incoming stream evenly...what better way to completely surround it at all possible corners?

Nick

AE_Wido

forum member
Reaction score
I decided to buy a Stage 2 Procharger kit and went the other way....Already ordered my gauges, gauge pod etc...and not to long from ordering the kit....

Nick@HSW

forum member
Reaction score
Nick, does the HSW kit cut off in lean/rich conditions like the zex?

Hmmm, I'd look into the zex kit a little harder...I don't know of any zex kit that will shut down the kit if its too lean or rich. I know our MicroEDGE controller can be used to shut the system down if its too rich or lean and there are maybe 2 or 3 other controllers that will do the same, but no out of the box kit will do it. What I think you're confusing is the active fuel control on the zex system. If you're not familiar with it, don't be ashamed, that's because its simply a marketing ploy. Its claimed that their system will adjust a/f based on bottle pressure...what they neglect to tell you is that 99% of the systems on the market today do the same thing and its simply not very affective. The way it works is rather simple...on wet nozzles, as nitrous rushes across the fuel port exit at the tip of the nozzle, it actually pulls a vacuum on the fuel port...the higher the bottle pressure, the greater the vacuum pulled on the fuel side. What any knowledgeable nitrous user will tell you is that this really doesn't work...if your system is jetted for x nitrous pressure and its not at that bottle pressure, your a/f is wacky. Please don't take what I typed as bad mouthing anything, but rather weeding through the bs. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. Thanks.

Nick

Styre

It Happens
Reaction score
That is what I was thinking of. So the nitrous bottle pressure has to be the exact same every time or the mixture will be off?

Nick@HSW

forum member
Reaction score
That is what I was thinking of. So the nitrous bottle pressure has to be the exact same every time or the mixture will be off?

Well within a window frame...if its jetted to 950, you ideally want to be as close to that as possible...900-1000 on a small shot is a good sized window. This is easily accomplished with a heater/purge combo or a NANO system.

Go dry and you don't have to worry about it :thumb:

Nick

Nick@HSW

forum member
Reaction score
The effects will be less dramatic the smaller the shot size yes. Ideally you're going to want to spray in the pressure window that your system is jetted for. Keep in mind that running rich on the juice can cause just as many headaches as lean.

Nick

silverstang07

forum member
Reaction score
I run an HSW kit. Nick helped me out a TON when I was ordering it (however long ago that was). EXCELLENT setup, I doubt I would even consider running another brand setup. My car, with a few minor other mods, ran very well with the kit. Never had a problem with it and it is still on the car. I am debating on what power adder I want to run when the motor is finished. Nitrous is so much fun I don't really want to change it up.

spraydstang

Reaction score
i have been running my kit from hsw and love it. nick will help you out more then you need. customer service means alot

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back