Octane Boost

Rob72

No Japanese Mustang Here
Reaction score
Would adding Lucas emission safe octane boost be a good idea to prevent any detonation problems on a 93 race tune on the 5.0's. Would there be any power lost?

Brenspeed

forum member
Reaction score
Sure you can add that if you would like and there shouldnt be any power loss whatsoever. Honestly we really havent had many issues with detonation on the newer cars at all. Most of it leads back to a bad tank of gas and that typically is cleared up by switching over to the 91 octane tune which is slightly less aggressive on the timing.

Brenspeed

forum member
Reaction score
from what i have read, real world tests show an improvement of around +3 octane.

Rob72

No Japanese Mustang Here
Reaction score
^never thought that would be an issue. A Ford dealership near me sells Lucas octane boost in it's parts department.

S197 GT

PINK Casting Director
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
^never thought that would be an issue. A Ford dealership near me sells Lucas octane boost in it's parts department.

I'd be willing to bet they also sell spark plugs.

VTXFrank

Obama SUCKS!
Reaction score
^ this guy doesn't get it.

ROFLMFAO!!!!

Nope, he missed that one by a mile. Peanut would give him five swipes over the head.

Lucas is a different product from the very large majority of companies out there selling octane booster products. However, I would still only use it IF I thought I was having detonation from a bad tank of gas. I certainly would not use it all the time.

Rob72

No Japanese Mustang Here
Reaction score
I was thinking on the line that you by some octane boost from them for $10. In 2 weeks you need to go back and buy a set of spark plugs from them also. They get $170 from you. If that wasn't the point I'm always happy to add some humor to your lives.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back