Official GT500 FOX swap

1FastS197

Reaction score
these are the kind of projects I like, at home DIY, good luck, hopefully money and patience are in ample supply to support you through the process!!!

well the best thing about this is, almost everything to make it work is there... anything else is going to have to be fabed up... and Jason is good at that...

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Maybe in a week or two, I will have some pics of the engine and tranny installed in the car. I got get moving on this project. Im going for a Black out look in the engine bay so, I think alot of engine parts, accessories will be powder coated or painted Matte black. the exterior will be DSG or the new 2011 Dark gray, I forget the name of color but I likes it alot.

It's called "Sterling Gray Metallic," and yes, it is a freaking awesome color. Pictures don't do it justice, because there's a metric crap ton of metal fleck in the paint that doesn't show up on photos.

dangerzone

sparkplug
Reaction score
OK, thanx for that. I was so close to buying one about 3 months ago with the dark wheels, I love the combo. But i found this gt500 stuff so i bit on it.

Zexford

forum member
Reaction score
So you felt that putting a GT500 engine into a tiny fox body wasn't enough, you wanted to put a Kenne Bell GT500 Engine in....

I like you're style

stangdavid

forum member
Reaction score
i read through the thread and you say your going to use the gt500 firewall and floor. there are going to be a few problems. by the looks of it with the motor in the car the gt500 brake booster will not work, most that do a modular swap us manual brakes or the hydraboost. so you may have to make sometype of hybrid system. don't know if you knew or noticed. David

dangerzone

sparkplug
Reaction score
The pic is a little decieveing account the tranny cant be mount up because the tunnel is too small and its got the engine picked up a little bit in the front. I think the stock hydro boost will work. If not, I have a unit from a 04Gt V6 car that is a good bit smaller.

Last edited:

irishpwr46

Official Site Vandal
Reaction score
if you are interested, a friend of mine has coil covers for that motor that were custom made and say LX500

dangerzone

sparkplug
Reaction score
Sorry for no updates lately fella's. I bought a 93 coupe and been putting a lil pushrod motor in it. Just got it going so im about to hit the fox500 wide open. More pics comming soon!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back