Oil Pump Torque specs

ford20

forum member
Reaction score
Does anyone have the torque specs for the backing plate on the oil pump for the 5.0? I can find the specs for the Mach 1 and CObra, GT500, and 3V but I can't find anything for the 5.0. Does anyone know them?

Thank you :hi:

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
How much difference can there be? Pretty much the same housings and same size fasteners. Torque values are a function of bolt stretch so the same bolt will use the same torque spec in multiple applications.

BadPiggy

Hooligan Asshole
Reaction score
How much difference can there be? Pretty much the same housings and same size fasteners. Torque values are a function of bolt stretch so the same bolt will use the same torque spec in multiple applications.

This is pretty much what I was thinking. Same design. Same material. Same bolt size. Pretty spot on with a 3V.

ford20

forum member
Reaction score
Bro,
I searched, too.....to no avail.
Sorry

I know this isn't what you're looking for, but someone might need it.

http://www.fordracingparts.com/download/instructionsheets/FordInstShtM-6007-A50SC.pdf

That is some damn good info Chris, thanks!

Now that you say it I have to agree. I did find a post by SD Wheeler saying that it is somewhere between 80-100 in/lbs. and he likes to torque them to 100 in/lbs. The Cobra/Mach1 is 100in/lbs the GT500 with the Billet backing plate is around 94 if I am remembering correctly so I guess I will go with 100lbs. as well. As you said it should be roughly the same, the only real difference that I can tell is just the backing plate.

Thanks Brian :hi:

ford20

forum member
Reaction score
Hang on.
Scott has a thread in DIY about changing back plates and he has the specs there.

http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=110929

Thanks Chris. I went with 90in/lbs. I figure it was a middle ground between SD Wheelers reccomendations and it falls in line between the lowest and highest numbers I found. I also found that little nugget that you put in there about the lot numbers onthe TSS gears which is pretty cool.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back