Ford performance intake maintenance

Zach Baumann

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I rebuilt the engine a few thousand miles ago and this weekend I had the intake off (it’s the ford performance one) and noticed a fair bit of oil in the runners. I’m aware this is most likely from the PCV system and a catch can would help. There seems to be some bolts on the intake you can remove to take it apart. Is this true? And if so does anyone have pictures of the inside with it apart? Thanks

86GT351

forum member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I rebuilt the engine a few thousand miles ago and this weekend I had the intake off (it’s the ford performance one) and noticed a fair bit of oil in the runners. I’m aware this is most likely from the PCV system and a catch can would help. There seems to be some bolts on the intake you can remove to take it apart. Is this true? And if so does anyone have pictures of the inside with it apart? Thanks
Don't take it apart. Clean with a good cleaner and then install a catch can system.

RoninGT

Reaction score
Is this a PM we should all do? My car is low mileage but original everything even 07 tires. That cone filter is original too. Not sure what PMs may be needed

JC SSP

Reaction score
Not sure about PM but you can always run a can of sea foam through the intake right before an oil change.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back