opinions please- fender hash marks

Fastbreak

Hi, they call me Brad.
Reaction score
I think if you remove ALL the stripes, paint your calipers black and lower the car a little bit you won't be worried about breaking up all the yellow. I think there's just too much going on- but I'm sort of a simple and clean type guy.

Sublime302

mod bug flu
Reaction score
Not a fan at all. nice car besides the stripes. my buddy put them on his subaru sti and i make fun of him every single day until he takes them off. lol

BlackReign

forum member
Reaction score
Hmmm... undecided. Not a fan of FIA stripes on street cars because they don't serve a purpose.

Do ANY stripes on a car really serve a purpose on a street car other than aesthetics? Obviously you have the right to your opinion and line of though....but with that, no cars should have stripes on them.

pretty straight forward, fender hash marks or not?
i was at dads installing the CAI and BAMA tune i just got and saw some black vinyl and tried it out.

20121023_145952.jpg

Too much...Between the FIA stripes, the rocker panel stipe, blackened 4.6 emblem, hood scoop, black wheels, quarter window louvers and red brakes....it's just very busy to me.
But it's your car, do what you want....I'm one that likes subtle body mods though, so take my input with that in mind.

Black_GT

SIIXVII
Reaction score
Do what makes you happy but I'm over the hash marks. They were cool to me for about 15mins one day last year and that was it.

speedfreak1000

2 sided tape expert
Reaction score
i'll be the first to admit i love flash, im not subtle at all.lol
im still debating the hash marks myself. i put them on the other day, drove it awhile and its had the car cover on since.

here are a few pics of cars and bikes ive had so you can tell i like to be noticed but i do know sometimes less is more. i do value your guys opinions thought thats why i asked, thanks

saki.jpg

blackcamaro.jpg

95transam.jpg

78transam.jpg

95mustang.jpg

DSCN0163.jpg

Last edited:

imacdonald

Reaction score
Unless you have a grand sport Corvette or are racing with a lot of other yellow mustangs these stripes are dumb. Research the history as to why they excited in the first place. Just my pet peeve. Not specifically directed at you.

BlackReign

forum member
Reaction score
Hey, each his/her own....your cars haven't been bad from what you posted. The 76-77 (?) TA is pushing my taste, but it looks the period...so. I love the old TAs by the way...heh.

Your bikes on the other hand....yeah....not my deal, but I wasn't paying for them, so who cares.

Take care.

Back