P2800 code..

Snowy5oh

Reaction score
Hey all,
So I have my 2012 mustang gt 5.0.
The car is basically stock besides suspension and then exhaust and a steeda CAI. The car has a diablosport tuner and is tuned to a canned 93 octane CAI tune.

Ever since installing the tune I am randomly getting a P2800 code which has to do with the PRNDL sensor but my car is a manual which doesn't seem right to me. Any idea on what would cause it? The car also seems to lose power when the light comes on but if I clear it everything is fine.
Do these mt82s have some sort of prndl sensor on them?

Reaction score
Hey all,
So I have my 2012 mustang gt 5.0.
The car is basically stock besides suspension and then exhaust and a steeda CAI. The car has a diablosport tuner and is tuned to a canned 93 octane CAI tune.

Ever since installing the tune I am randomly getting a P2800 code which has to do with the PRNDL sensor but my car is a manual which doesn't seem right to me. Any idea on what would cause it? The car also seems to lose power when the light comes on but if I clear it everything is fine.
Do these mt82s have some sort of prndl sensor on them?

Do manuals have a neutral safety switch? Does the ECU know what gear you are in?

What does OBD-II fault code P2800 mean?
OBD-II Code Transmission may not shift properly is defined as a Transmission Range Sensor "B" Circuit (PRNDL Input)

The Transmission Range Sensor (also referred to as the PRNDL input an/or neutral safety switch) tells the transmission control module (TCM) an the engine control module (PCM) that the transmission is in park, reverse, neutral, drive, low, 2nd, 3rd etc. It is attached directly to the manual valve of transmission, so when the shift lever is moved from park to drive, the Transmission Range Sensor communicates this critical information to the above mentioned vehicle control module systems. When the input from the transmission range sensor is erratic or irrational, the PCM will set code P2800.

https://repairpal.com/obd-ii-code-p2800-transmission-range-sensor-b-circuit-prndl-input

Snowy5oh

Reaction score
Do manuals have a neutral safety switch? Does the ECU know what gear you are in?

as far as I'm aware these don't have a neutral safety switch, you can start them in any gear as long as your clutch is depressed. There has to be some sort of sensor though for your reverse lights to come on though as well as I think these had skip shift which mine was deactivated with the tune

Reaction score
as far as I'm aware these don't have a neutral safety switch, you can start them in any gear as long as your clutch is depressed. There has to be some sort of sensor though for your reverse lights to come on though as well as I think these had skip shift which mine was deactivated with the tune
Hmm...that to me would be more evidence that the tune may have caused the code. I would ask for a revised tune after telling them your problem. Sometimes the most obvious choice is the right one.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back