20_zpsce1296d5.jpg

Last edited:

danbogart

Reaction score
Just so you know the other players:

Scott/Bossman - PR/Front Desk for TMS
Matt - Shop Lead for TMS
Eric - Tuner

I know all these guys are on here and I really don't give a shit. I guess it could have been worse though. They could have popped a couple of my motors. Then again, I'm not really interested in working there.

Emails/Texts should be up tomorrow.

Last edited:

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
Dan,

How about you chronicle what it is you are trying to do here? Even you said you didn't want to be affiliated with ss anymore so I don't know why you would be posting screen shots from there?

Seriously, it looks like you want to make an issue public. I'd suggest you summarize it with bullet statements. This forum won't edit or delete your comments. People will question your experiences so keep them as close as you can to the basic facts.

Bruce

danbogart

Reaction score
Bruce, I know your stance with the shop and I am aware of the new mod status. The reason I am posting the screen shots is because I want people to see the whole story. I posted a link to the thread, but deleting posts is a very easy thing to do, and I don''t have access to deleted posts since I left the site.

Bruce, you don't have to worry about getting anything but facts from me. Everything I am posting is directly from the horse's mouth.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Cliff's notes please? I'm not reading through 7 pages copied from another forum with posts from people who I have no idea who they are or what they are discussing.

danbogart

Reaction score
Cliff's notes please? I'm not reading through 7 pages copied from another forum with posts from people who I have no idea who they are or what they are discussing.

I will be posting cliffs in a bit. I wanted everything public for reference, so people could see things for themselves.

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
Bruce, I know your stance with the shop and I am aware of the new mod status. The reason I am posting the screen shots is because I want people to see the whole story. I posted a link to the thread, but deleting posts is a very easy thing to do, and I don''t have access to deleted posts since I left the site.

Bruce, you don't have to worry about getting anything but facts from me. Everything I am posting is directly from the horse's mouth.

Dan, nothing you post will get deleted or edited here. I am friends with Marc but I really don't know what is going on with your car. Dillinger told me that you hauled it out with a trailer and took it to Vancouver but that's all I know. I'd like to hear the rest of the story.

This is what I was getting at. It's no secret that there is a local group of TMS haters and they are on ss.

Let it all hang out.

danbogart

Reaction score
Here is the run down. I took my shop to The Mustang Shop in Auburn (everyone remember the shop that everyone ragged on when the shit went down with MindifIsmoke? and then just kind of forgot about after he got offered a job there). Here is the list I gave them for work I wanted done:

"1. Custom Procharger Piping
2. Install Wastegate
3. Remove Current Boost Gauge
4. Install Boost Controller In It's Place
6. Grind Extra Bracket Off Of Procharger Intake
7. Install Overflow Hoses On Tanks
8. Check For Leaks (Freeze Plugs In Back Of Motor?)
9. Verify Unhooked Connections Are EGR Related
10. Reconnect E Brake Cables
Notes:
Most Current Tune (Post ID1000) From Eric Is Loaded On The Car (Has Not Been Started With This Tune)
New E Brake Cable Brackets Are Located In Center Console, Along With SCT Tuner"

danbogart

Reaction score
*My invoice is attached to post 177 for reference*

The first thing they worked on was the custom charge piping. It turned out fantastic. I was incredibly happy with the work that was done. When the charge piping was being installed, the wastegate and boost controller were installed as well. All of that seemed to go off without a hitch.

As far as I knew we were game on for tuning. Since Matt was so new to tuning, Eric would be tuning remotely with Matt running the dyno.

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
*My invoice is attached to post 177 for reference*

The first thing they worked on was the custom charge piping. It turned out fantastic. I was incredibly happy with the work that was done. When the charge piping was being installed, the wastegate and boost controller were installed as well. All of that seemed to go off without a hitch.

As far as I knew we were game on for tuning. Since Matt was so new to tuning, Eric would be tuning remotely with Matt running the dyno.

Eric is Eric Brooks, correct?

danbogart

Reaction score
I started typing it out but there is just so much.

1. Tuner told them he thought the issue with tuning was mechanical twice.
2. Car was checked over. No issues found.
3. Car spends hours on the dyno troubleshooting.
4. Parts ordered to try and remedy the problem (one with consent/the other without, neither part needed)
4. Pay to "check for leaks". None found.
5. Car leaking oil when I pick it up.
6. Had it home for 5 minutes before realizing the IAC valve was installed backwards. Idled perfect after pulling two bolts and swapping it around. (30 seconds).
7. Paid to have ebrake cables installed. Not properly installed. Told "they needed to be broken in" (they were the stock cables, 48k miles)
8. Told that it was "gracious" of the shop to let me keep the car there when they were having trouble communicating with the tuner.
9. I paid ahead and well over what was quoted and asked twice to please be notified if we were getting close to the balance, as I was buying a home and most of my extra money was going there. Of course when I called I owed them more money.

There is a little more to the car leaking when I picked it up story, but it's not that or even all the other shit that pisses me off. It's the not being forthcoming with info. Break in stock ebrake cables? Give me a break. You changed the oil with the break in oil I brought you, yet I get two of the 6 quarts I brought you back and don't get charged for the oil change or the filter? Right........ I get charged labor to check for leaks and its leaking in the parking lot when I pick it up, yet it didn't leak when it was in the shop or on the dyno? You've got to be kidding me.

I think Emails 4 and 5 say a lot. I never did get a reply to email 5.

Last edited:

danbogart

Reaction score
Eric is Eric Brooks, correct?

Yes. There is more, but I want to post the screen shots from the text messages with it, so until tomorrow I'll just answer any questions if folks have them.

It honestly got me to the point with my car, the hobby and people that I called friends where I just don't want any part of any of it anymore.

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
Did you take it to Vancouver? Are you upset with the troubleshooting or is there more? Does it run right now or are there issues?

danbogart

Reaction score
Did you take it to Vancouver? Are you upset with the troubleshooting or is there more? Does it run right now or are there issues?

Bruce, honestly between not having the time and not caring enough about it to make the time, I pretty much just said screw it. I had even emailed Eric and told him it was going to sit until next spring/summer and he probably wouldn't be hearing much from me. Jimmy (Fox Shoppe) saw a post the thread, saw how "over" the whole thing I was and called me. He told me he was sending a truck and trailer up to pick up the car and that the repairs would be done for free, all I had to do was pay for any parts that he had to buy. I initially told him that i appreciated the gesture and it was too much, but he insisted and sent a truck and trailer to my house. I loaded up the car and its been in Portland ever since. It actually worked out really well with me moving, and I'm extremely appreciative. Jimmy has fixed all the stuff that I was left with (ebrake cable, oil adapter housing, etc) and all that is left is tuning. Since I don't have much of a window to drive the car before winter hits we both agreed that we would take our time on things. He goes at his own pace and we still bounce ideas off of each other quite a bit. We've been talking with Brian Macy lately and I think some pretty cool stuff is in the works. :thumb2:

The fact that the car shouldn't have had parts bought it didn't need, shouldn't have seen the dyno time it did, the fact that we fixed the mechanical issue in 5 minutes in my garage, the fact I was lied to about the ebrake cables and the fact that the car leaking was swept under the rug is all a lot less upsetting to me than people who called me their friend acted the way they did to save face. I get it. It's a business, but from a business aspect I think it was handled poorly and I definitely think it was handled poorly from a friendship aspect.

Mike K

WANNA BE FAST
Reaction score
THat sucks man. I am sureit was a ton of money wasted for nothing but it sounds like things have turned around and you have interest in the car again.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back