Project Slobra **PIC HEAVY**

Torched S197

forum member
Reaction score
8512629D-7F30-4530-8A8F-92AC2D0387B0-10485-0000081E0E23246C_zpsefc0cacd.jpg

Marc s

NASA AIX
Reaction score
I would put Matt's ethics, loyalty, hard work, and ability above anyone that I know in this business. I won't stick around here if Matt is going to be called out by Dan or anyone else. I feel that this is a personal unjustified attack and it's bullshit.

FWIW, I was against bringing your car here to begin with. I told the owner of TMS not to do it. Why you ask? It's because I knew this was how it would turn out. Why did I think that? It's because of all of the slandering BS you said about Brad's Custom Auto. Yes, Brad's, TMS, Turbo Tech, and Blood's all talk. And even though we are competitors, we respect each other.

Matt and TMS did everything that we were asked to do. Dan's car sat here for months while he was playing tag with his tuner. Normally, we would charge storage for this but we never did because of Matt's relationship with Dan. A remote tuning session has a reduced rate because we, the shop, are only supposed to start and stop the dyno. When it was clear that nothing was being done between Dan and his tuner, Matt personally got involved and tried to push Dan's tuner into finishing the car. Dan's tuner told Matt that all of these parts needed to be swapped not us. As a matter of fact, when Dan contacted us and told us that the original MAF meter was not bad, we gave him a 100% refund on the MAF that his tuner had us sell to him.

Dan, when you picked up your car, you shook my hand and thanked me for being patient and for not charging for all of the time that we had into your car. The time that Matt and Bryan had while on the phone with your tuner. Now, all of a sudden, we are the bad guy. I could certainly post up my time sheets showing how much time we had making phone calls, sitting on hold, data logging, more phone calls, taking your car on and off the dyno, lost dyno time because your car was sitting on the dyno for days on end while we were waiting for return phone calls from you and your tuner.

Dan, I could give a shit what the owner of Superior Stangs site says about us, or Brad's custom auto, or Turbo Technology, or Blood Enterprises. If a competitor in the industry that also owns a Mustang forum wants to conduct himself that way, I wish him the best of luck with that business plan. I tried to introduce myself to Jimmy at the SVTOA show. I extended my hand and he turned and walked away. Dan, I have a feeling that you will fit in well with that group.

Oh by the way, you don't have a clue what went down with Matt's car. What you think you know is based off of slandering post from others that don't have a clue either.

Why would Matt come to work for a business that screwed him over. Matt and TMS had a good business relationship and then it went south over speculation by 3rd party gossiping nonsense. Sometime later, Matt was the bigger man and asked to sit down in my office and wanted to put it in the past. Again, Matt showing that he is a standup man that always wants to do the right thing. Did Matt say things about TMS and our tune out of frustration? Sure he did and I don't care. Matt and I both know what the truth is and that's his business and mine.

I guess I will end my comments with this. All shops make mistakes because they are run by people. I will vouch for the owner TMS and say that he is the most honest person that I know. If he thinks for a second that he did something that was wrong, he will always make it right if given the chance to. If you honestly believe that Matt or TMS did something to your car or charged you for something that you didn't receive, you never brought to our attention.

danbogart

Reaction score
Matt and I are talking right now. This is a shit situation, but I think we can talk about this like men. I'm going to take a step back. I would prefer that if tms would like to address the situation, that the proper people step up.

Spelling errors brought to you by Tapatalk 2.

danbogart

Reaction score
I would put Matt's ethics, loyalty, hard work, and ability above anyone that I know in this business. I won't stick around here if Matt is going to be called out by Dan or anyone else. I feel that this is a personal unjustified attack and it's bullshit.

FWIW, I was against bringing your car here to begin with. I told the owner of TMS not to do it. Why you ask? It's because I knew this was how it would turn out. Why did I think that? It's because of all of the slandering BS you said about Brad's Custom Auto. Yes, Brad's, TMS, Turbo Tech, and Blood's all talk. And even though we are competitors, we respect each other.

Matt and TMS did everything that we were asked to do. Dan's car sat here for months while he was playing tag with his tuner. Normally, we would charge storage for this but we never did because of Matt's relationship with Dan. A remote tuning session has a reduced rate because we, the shop, are only supposed to start and stop the dyno. When it was clear that nothing was being done between Dan and his tuner, Matt personally got involved and tried to push Dan's tuner into finishing the car. Dan's tuner told Matt that all of these parts needed to be swapped not us. As a matter of fact, when Dan contacted us and told us that the original MAF meter was not bad, we gave him a 100% refund on the MAF that his tuner had us sell to him.

Dan, when you picked up your car, you shook my hand and thanked me for being patient and for not charging for all of the time that we had into your car. The time that Matt and Bryan had while on the phone with your tuner. Now, all of a sudden, we are the bad guy. I could certainly post up my time sheets showing how much time we had making phone calls, sitting on hold, data logging, more phone calls, taking your car on and off the dyno, lost dyno time because your car was sitting on the dyno for days on end while we were waiting for return phone calls from you and your tuner.

Dan, I could give a shit what the owner of Superior Stangs site says about us, or Brad's custom auto, or Turbo Technology, or Blood Enterprises. If a competitor in the industry that also owns a Mustang forum wants to conduct himself that way, I wish him the best of luck with that business plan. I tried to introduce myself to Jimmy at the SVTOA show. I extended my hand and he turned and walked away. Dan, I have a feeling that you will fit in well with that group.

Oh by the way, you don't have a clue what went down with Matt's car. What you think you know is based off of slandering post from others that don't have a clue either.

Why would Matt come to work for a business that screwed him over. Matt and TMS had a good business relationship and then it went south over speculation by 3rd party gossiping nonsense. Sometime later, Matt was the bigger man and asked to sit down in my office and wanted to put it in the past. Again, Matt showing that he is a standup man that always wants to do the right thing. Did Matt say things about TMS and our tune out of frustration? Sure he did and I don't care. Matt and I both know what the truth is and that's his business and mine.

I guess I will end my comments with this. All shops make mistakes because they are run by people. I will vouch for the owner TMS and say that he is the most honest person that I know. If he thinks for a second that he did something that was wrong, he will always make it right if given the chance to. If you honestly believe that Matt or TMS did something to your car or charged you for something that you didn't receive, you never brought to our attention.

This was posted while Matt and I were talking. You bet your ass I'll be replying when I'm not on my phone. ;)

Spelling errors brought to you by Tapatalk 2.

brent_G

Custom User Title
Reaction score
I could watch previews all day. Who needs to know what its really about.

danbogart

Reaction score
Marc s said:

Fantastic. Matt and I can handle our own shit. Thanks.

Marc s said:

I find this to be a bit comical. Thinking back on it, I think the one thing I might have said about Brad's (I've never had work done by Turbo Tech or Blood) was that it was expensive. The second question after that, was ut worth it and would I have had them set up my suspension if I had to do it over again? ABSOLUTELY AND WITHOUT HESITATION.

You can either ask anyone that I really know about how I feel about Brads or you can check out the review I wrote on their facebook four months ago here: https://www.facebook.com/bradscustomauto

or me recommending them for work on S197 four months ago here:
http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=103169

Marc s said:

Here is the EXACT (there are screen shots of this too) list of requested work that was sent to TMS when I dropped the car off (I'll go ahead and attach the invoice again for reference):

1. Custom Procharger Piping
2. Install Wastegate
3. Remove Current Boost Gauge
4. Install Boost Controller In It's Place
6. Grind Extra Bracket Off Of Procharger Intake
7. Install Overflow Hoses On Tanks
8. Check For Leaks (Freeze Plugs In Back Of Motor?)
9. Verify Unhooked Connections Are EGR Related
10. Reconnect E Brake Cables
Notes:
Most Current Tune (Post ID1000) From Eric Is Loaded On The Car (Has Not Been Started With This Tune)
New E Brake Cable Brackets Are Located In Center Console, Along With SCT Tuner

Let's break it down, shall we?

1. Looks great. Thank you.
2./3. - Look fine, but I never did get an answer to my email on if the work done would be warrantied, since function of was never verified.
4. Eboost2 was too big to go in it's place. N/A
6. Done. Thank you.
7. Done. Thank you.
8. Well I got charged for it............

9. Done, Thank you.
10. Charged and sent out the door knowing it wasn't right.

Aside from that, I have screen shots of the Zen Desk from Eric that show that it wasn't a one way street Marc. They are on my work laptop and will be up in the morning.

And don't for one fucking second say "while he played tag with the tuner"!!! When I dropped the car off I was told by TWO of your employees that I wouldn't have to worry about you guys and Eric communicating, that you had it handled. As a matter of fact, I was fucking chastised for being "worse than my wife" when I was calling once a week to see how things were going. I stopped calling and wasn't contacted until THREE WEEKS LATER to tell me that you guys were having trouble communicating. So please tell me how I deserved to pay a storage fee here Marc? I'm all ears.

I was refunded for the MAF, but why was it purchased without contacting me in the first place?

Marc s said:

That first sentence is the biggest bullshit I've ever heard Marc. Scott, you and I talked for over an hour about the situation. I laid out all of my frustrations and we all thought the conversation ended well. Only for me to go outside and find my car to be leaking oil all over your parking lot.

POST IT.

Once again, all bullshit. I was told FLAT OUT that you guys had it handled. It wasn't my responibility to be the fucking middle man between the two of you. If that was the case, I would have remote tuned it myself.

Marc s said:

Marc, I gave that site away so I could focus on raising money for Children's (you should know that, Scott was at the last one and was very disappointed I gave it to Jimmy). http://www.kruise4kids.com

Once again, never had work done by the other two, but you are more than welcome to ask anyone I know about how I feel about Brad's.

I met Jimmy maybe twice before I gave him that site. Do you know why? Because the staff wanted him to have it. Not my decision. I don't know Jimmy all that well, but it spoke volumes to me when he stepped up to fix the shit that your shop left me with.

Marc s said:

Shit, you're right. The only stuff I know is what Matt told me back then and what one guy who was there when he raced the camaro told me.

Marc s said:

Marc, you act like I didn't know Scott and Matt before all this shit. Who do you think was one of the first handful of people to know when both of them got hired on? Scott gets hired on right around the time Matt's thread on here was going down for PR. Who do you think was the one that told me that one of the first moves made when he was hired was bringing in a mechanic who was fresh out of the Army? Hint, It wasn't Matt. I don't have to be a rocket scientist and neither does anyone else.

And once again, to clarify, I don't think Matt's a bad guy at all. Fresh out of the Army and an offer like that comes up. Fuck yeah, you take it. Smartest move your shop could have made.

Marc s said:

I didn't bring it to your attention...................... Screen shots will be up tomorrow. Have a great evening.

Last edited:

danbogart

Reaction score
I'm staying neutral on all this, but its sad to see shit like this come between two of the nicest dudes I know. Work it out dudes, we have drunken shenanigans to unleash.

Kilian, I honestly think that Matt and I will be able to get past this shit. I don't think he's a bad dude and I hate the fact that things got personal between him and I. My beef is with the shop and I'm going to do my best to keep him out of this.

Now back to the shit Marc posted last night. I am fuming at the moment. To twist the truth like that to try and make me look like I was the one that dropped the ball. An absolute joke. But then again, I can't say I'm surprised. I really hope that someone that was directly involved with the situation does the right thing, though I understand if they don't (can't).

The only things I ever asked for from the shop was for a replacement brake light that was broken while it was at the shop, the items I brought to the shop for tuning returned and to return the MAF that they purchased without my consent. (See attached emails)

The car sat at the shop for just over 2 months. Tuning started on 3/12. I wasn't asked to get a hold of Eric until 5/2, and that was with me finally texting the shop to find out how things were going. The three weeks prior I HEARD NOTHING. Only after getting a hold of Eric was I aware about how shitty the communication had been between the shop and Eric. It was after this that I asked to be cc'd on emails between the shop and Eric so I could make sure of where the process was. I only recieved a reply from Eric.

The other thing that Eric did, was that he owned up. He got behind and not only did he admit that to me, but he did to all of facebook. But to put it all on him is bullshit. (See attached texts/email/Zendesk).

Marcs said:
When it was clear that nothing was being done between Dan and his tuner, Matt personally got involved and tried to push Dan's tuner into finishing the car.

LMFTFY - When it was clear that nothing was being done between TMS and his tuner, Dan personally got involved and tried to push Dan's tuner and TMS into finishing the car.

Marcs said:
Dan, when you picked up your car, you shook my hand and thanked me for being patient and for not charging for all of the time that we had into your car.

Once again, bending the truth. Brian, You and Scott all waited around after hours for me to get the so we could sit down and talk. Reason that all three of you wanted to talk? After the conversation I had with Scott on the phone, you all knew how pissed I was. We most definitely shook hands, but I didn't say anything fucking close to "thanking you for not charging me". And if I would have known about the shit that I was about to walk out to, I wouldn't have wasted 5 minutes with any of you trying to save face. (See attached email)

Marcs said:

I misread this when I originally posted. What does Jimmy have to do with any of this situation between me and your shop? I have no clue if what you say is true or not because I wasn't there, but what is the point attacking his character here?

Marcs said:

You are absolutely right. No one is perfect. But there is a big difference between someone who takes ownership when they make a mistake and those that don't. You guys never once said you made a mistake. All you ever did was try to place blame, just like you are doing now.

With that being said, I'd like to publicly apologize for a mistake I made. I'm sorry I ever gave you my business. Phew, that feels better.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back