Prothane motor mount clearance

raredesign

forum member
Reaction score
After reading reviews and posts about prothane, bmr, steeds, and upr mounts, prothane seem to be a favorite, however there is mention that they "may" cause the motor to sit higher. Since they aren't adjustable, does anyone know if this would this be problematic with a steeda strut tower brace? Even with that removed, I have an FRPP intake manifold. The hood is a cervini ram air, with ought duct work.
Thanks

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
I used the steeda strut brace on my 2010 aurto with roush M90 blower... whose intake cai is on the driver's side. Tight fit, with top side of roush cai tube mashed into the bottom side of the CM steeda STB.

When the JBA LT's got installed, JBA highly suggested that Steeda eng mounts be installed at the same time. The steeda eng mounts allow for a stock eng height, or 1/4" or 1/2" eng drop. We used the 1/4" eng drop option. Now have clearance between cai + steeda stb. The steeda eng mounts come with 4 x red bushings..and 2 x black bushings. For high hp applications, one red and one black are used on each side...which is what I did... and no increase in nvh. ( the gt-500 version gets 4 x black bushings). The black bushings are slightly stiffer durometer than the reds. The steeda is built like a tank for the 05-10 engs. Lowering the eng 1/4" also lowers the CG by 1/4". That 1/4" drop make life a lot easier. Also plenty of clearance between oem steering shaft and LT primary tube #8 ( driver's side... closest to firewall). Note, the oem heat shield covering the oem 'hydra gel filled' eng mounts is re-used on any after market eng mount.

With your ram air hood + duct work, the 1/4" drop would work superb. Bare minimum would be stock eng height. Anything higher than stock eng height will be a disaster.

Last edited:

raredesign

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks. Curious if the S&H Performance kit will have clearance with the pipes and turbo below or if lowering will cause an issue. Hopefully JeremyH will have an idea. I'll send him a pm.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back