Racing seats.

waketek516

Pedal to the Metal!
Reaction score
Guys with the Corbeau Fx1s

Where did you get them and what's the pricing like (seats and brackets)?

Thanks!
-Tommy

uniquestang

forum member
Reaction score
fx1's are only 299 each, brackets if i remember correctly 79 or 89 each. you wont find them any cheaper if you do because they are priced well already.

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
Paul, how do the Kirkeys compare on weight and cost to the Sparcos or Corbeaus???

Yeah, normally I don't complain but that wasn't even close.

I am happy with my Kirkey seat set up---but its really for drag race only. I wouldn't recommend this seat someone who could be in the car for a 4 hour drive.

The seat is very comfortable, but I am only in the car max 15-20 minutes also.

Kirkeyseatweb.jpg

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The seat doesn't weigh anything. I do not believe I weighed it, but it couldn't be more then 10 lbs.

The seat is about $150 and the cover is about $90. I bought mine used and paid $130 for the seat and cover. You need to pay attention to the different widths that are offered, as well as any setback you may want.

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
The seat doesn't weigh anything. I do not believe I weighed it, but it couldn't be more then 10 lbs.

The seat is about $150 and the cover is about $90. I bought mine used and paid $130 for the seat and cover. You need to pay attention to the different widths that are offered, as well as any setback you may want.
Any chance it could be mounted on an adjustable sliding bracket? With both Donna and I driving the car, I need to be able to move it forward and back.

Kaldar142

Reaction score
Sparco Evo2. Love mine.

VERY high quality seat, extremely comfortable and tons of support. Weights about 14lbs I think? Need to double check.

Although at $700+ a seat, it's not the cheapest option... But well worth it.

Matt D

S197 Pilot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

Sd I can't see why not, some modifying and adapting. The corbeau seats are 4 allen bolts that I think can be modified to the stock rail with a few brackets and some drilling. I sold my power rails or I would take a look at my corbeau's right now and see how close it is....

Matt D

S197 Pilot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Ps-

Brandon, Ive been swamped here at the shop , I will get you those pics when I get a chance

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
Thanks Matt. I just want to be able to put the seat where I need to depending on whether I'm at the track or not.

antonio1988

Redline: 8600rpm
Reaction score
I've got Corbeau A4's in my car and I love them. Their brackets (the dual-locking ones) are excellent.

Mine are strictly for street and show at the moment so I can't say much for their feel on a track, but I'd imagine they're very good as their side bolsters are stiff and shapely without being a pain to get in and out of.

Here's a (shameless) pic of my setup. Belts are mocked up in this shot as I still need to order my harness bar for the shoulder straps.

KrisInterior.jpg
Would you mind emailing me ([email protected]) or PMing me whatever pics you have of your custom interior? This is just sick! Imitation is the most sincere form of flattery, and I want to do exactly what you have done. Prices too if you wouldn't mind, thanks!

Kris_H

forum member
Reaction score
Would you mind emailing me ([email protected]) or PMing me whatever pics you have of your custom interior? This is just sick! Imitation is the most sincere form of flattery, and I want to do exactly what you have done. Prices too if you wouldn't mind, thanks!

Not to derail or whore up the thread, but yeah, I'll send you an email, glad you like it. :)

are your dash / a pillars wrapped in suede?

Yes sir. Headliner, B- and C-pillars as well.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back