Raising my car

Zexford

forum member
Reaction score
Yes it says raising, not lowering. Right now my car sits on the MM Starter Box suspension, H&R Race Springs, Bilstein Shocks/Struts, MM Caster Camber Plates. I bought the car with this suspension and I do really like it, however it causes my exhaust to sit way to low for daily driving. I am military and my car scrapes every time I go over the tire shredder to get to work, I need to raise the car up a bit, now one option is to buy stock suspension and go to a 4x4 look but I don't really want that. I was looking at other possibilities, Ford Racing has "P-Springs" that claim to lower the car 1" while the H&Rs are about 1.5". The car sits on stock wheels and tires as well but im soon changing them to the SVE package from LRS.

Any input as to go about getting a little height back would be greatly appreciated.

Mr. Q

forum member
Reaction score
wait until you've changed your wheels, that'll make a difference...although i don't know what the sve package is, size wise, so you might be fine after the wheels. what you should do is measure the stock wheels with tires and try to get a measurement of your upgraded tires and wheels to see if you'll gain any height. if you don't, then change springs...if it bothers you that much

Zexford

forum member
Reaction score
wait until you've changed your wheels, that'll make a difference...although i don't know what the sve package is, size wise, so you might be fine after the wheels. what you should do is measure the stock wheels with tires and try to get a measurement of your upgraded tires and wheels to see if you'll gain any height. if you don't, then change springs...if it bothers you that much

http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/item/WTK-1007CBA

These are the wheels and tires, not sure how high the wheels/tires are in comparison to stock.

Marc s

NASA AIX
Reaction score
If it was me, I would try and measure how much the car needs to be raised before I spent the money on new springs. You might find that a 1/2" is not enough.

irishpwr46

Official Site Vandal
Reaction score
http://store.roushperformance.com/detail.aspx?ID=1179

these are a good setup. they lowered my front 7/8" and my rear 1 1/8".

0517101942edit.jpg

VTXFrank

Obama SUCKS!
Reaction score
I've not had any issues going over the shredders at Forts Rucker, Campbell or Benning with my Steeda Ultralites. I've been to all three in the past two weeks. Your tire sizes are right at the stock tire sidewall height, so that isn't the issue.

Maybe you can "eyeball" your car compared to mine and see if you can tell a difference in ride height.

05yellowgt

Reaction score
What part of the exhaust is rubbing? You'll be amazed how much exhaust clearance can be gained just by making sure everything is adjusted properly and tucked up out of the way as much as possible.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back