Rear Caliper Piston Boot

svtrojan

forum member
Reaction score
Anyone have a link to the part number for a rear caliper piston boot for a 2011 GT500 (assuming they are the same as the GT)? I ripped mine a bit when I was replacing my rear pads. Alternatively, anyone know the piston size? I found a site that sells individual boots but don't know the piston size...

Thanks!

svtrojan

forum member
Reaction score
No one has had to replace a dust boot on their rear calipers? Damn. That's what I get for being sloppy I guess. Contacted Tasca Ford and they didn't have the specs and neither did LMR. I guess I might just buy a few sizes and hope one fits. I could always take the caliper off to measure, but I don't have easy access to the brake tool.

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
Don't let Darren see. He will suggest selling it and buying a new car. Lol

Sucks you couldn't find a spec for them

Apex50

forum member
Reaction score
Please post up what you learn, this seems like the kind of part that will fail the night before a track day. Would be good to keep some around...

Steve@Tasca

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Unfortunately Ford doesn't service any components for rear calipers.

This is the breakdown of what you can get from Ford,

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yeah, it'll gum up the piston and eventually make it stick. At this point, I'd order a new caliper from FoMoCo and then rebuild the old one when you can find the correct part.

AR Stang

forum member
Reaction score
If by the brake tool you mean the unit to turn the rear caliper in by those notches on the piston. You can get the "cube" one which will get the job done and is sold at local chain auto parts stores for like 10 bucks, or get the actual kit at harbor freight for less than 50. I have both of them, and keep the cube in my tool bag, and the actual kit in my garage.

svtrojan

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah, I've just been renting the tool from my local auto parts store. I'll look in to that. Can never have enough tools! I'm leaning towards replacing that caliper. While I'm at it I might as well upgrade the fluid :driver:

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
If by the brake tool you mean the unit to turn the rear caliper in by those notches on the piston. You can get the "cube" one which will get the job done and is sold at local chain auto parts stores for like 10 bucks, or get the actual kit at harbor freight for less than 50. I have both of them, and keep the cube in my tool bag, and the actual kit in my garage.
Some of the "cube" tools don't have the necessary attachments. If you're expecting to do a rear brake job, you're better off renting the full kit ahead of time.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 using Tapatalk

AR Stang

forum member
Reaction score
Some of the "cube" tools don't have the necessary attachments. If you're expecting to do a rear brake job, you're better off renting the full kit ahead of time.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 using Tapatalk

The one I got from autozone did fortunately. The uneeded trips back and forth to the parts store gets old for renting the kit though. With the price of the kit if you plan to have your car for a while then may as well buy it. It costs less than dinner for 2.

svtrojan

forum member
Reaction score

That's awesome!!! Thank you!

The one I got from autozone did fortunately. The uneeded trips back and forth to the parts store gets old for renting the kit though. With the price of the kit if you plan to have your car for a while then may as well buy it. It costs less than dinner for 2.

I think I'm going to get the full kit, renting the kit each time is definitely a pain. I've probably spent enough money in gas to justify buying the kit.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back