2007 Wiper Arm part number drama

Macman45

Resident Geriatric
Reaction score
Trying to get some OEM replacement wiper arms to replace the sun faded ones and I cannot, for the life of me, find the correct part number. Parts.Ford.Com shows NOTHING for my VIN, one part number I found says “won’t fit”, and Tasca shows a GT and a Shelby version. How can that be any different? Did they just revise the mount style for the blades? I’ll take new blades too assuming I can find THAT correct part number.
Does anyone have the correct dealer part number for Driver and Passenger?
I know we have some service and parts guys (@86GT351 ) for example
Thanks!
My VIN: 1ZVHT82H475302641

DieHarder

Reaction score
Never use gloss black. Reflects too much. Use satin black. Good idea to roughen the surface and use a good primer.

JC SSP

Reaction score
VHT flat black high heat. Never had an issue again.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Doesn't matter if it is a GT or a Shelby or a base model, they all used the same wiper motors. If it fits the wiper motors it doesn't matter what they say it is for. A wiper arm is a wiper arm.

Also, repainting wiper arms is not 'ghetto'. I've done it for decades on my older vehicles. It is called maintenance. I just use cheap Rustoleum and they look fine, but once I start painting them I usually have to repaint them about every 2 years or so. I can't tell the difference from the driver's seat and in 30 years I have never had a single person notice.

Miker

Reaction score
All I had was a gloss black paint. I hit them lightly with a scotch brite pad before they were fully cured and they came out perfect. I had already done the same thing to the Givi racks on my motorcycle. Could not have come out better. They look new with minimal effort. The biggest PITA was getting them off.

GriffX

Reaction score
but once I start painting them I usually have to repaint them about every 2 years or so.
That's a surface prepping issue. For weathered outside parts I start with cleaning with lots of dawn, de-greasing, 800 grit, acetone, if it is plastic with plastic primer, paint.

7R3Z-17526-B
4R3Z-17527-AA according to Fordpartsgiant

86GT351

forum member
Reaction score
Trying to get some OEM replacement wiper arms to replace the sun faded ones and I cannot, for the life of me, find the correct part number. Parts.Ford.Com shows NOTHING for my VIN, one part number I found says “won’t fit”, and Tasca shows a GT and a Shelby version. How can that be any different? Did they just revise the mount style for the blades? I’ll take new blades too assuming I can find THAT correct part number.
Does anyone have the correct dealer part number for Driver and Passenger?
I know we have some service and parts guys (@86GT351 ) for example
Thanks!
My VIN: 1ZVHT82H475302641
Thanks for the opportunity to help. They are discontinued part numbers. Random left and right shows up on the locator. I would not necessarily trust that though. If the car is an actual Shelby they are different.

07 Boss

Reaction score
I’m not f’ing painting them I’m not hood. Does anyone have the new superseded part number

If the paint on your car fades do you buy another car or paint it? If your wheels get dinged up do you refinish them or just get new ones? Get a rock chip in your windshield do you get a new windshield or fill the chip? Nothing ghetto about maintaining your car's appearance as long as you do it properly. If you paint them to match your calipers that would be hood. If you paint them with plastidip that might be hood. If you chrome them that might be hood. But nothing wrong with restoring their original appearance unless your doing a concourse type restoration where your going to lose a point. Especially if you're having a hard time sourcing a new one. It's just a windshield wiper arm. Nobody is going to sweat you because you painted them. Nobody will even notice.

86GT351

forum member
Reaction score
If the paint on your car fades do you buy another car or paint it? If your wheels get dinged up do you refinish them or just get new ones? Get a rock chip in your windshield do you get a new windshield or fill the chip? Nothing ghetto about maintaining your car's appearance as long as you do it properly. If you paint them to match your calipers that would be hood. If you paint them with plastidip that might be hood. If you chrome them that might be hood. But nothing wrong with restoring their original appearance unless your doing a concourse type restoration where your going to lose a point. Especially if you're having a hard time sourcing a new one. It's just a windshield wiper arm. Nobody is going to sweat you because you painted them. Nobody will even notice.
If you take the time to prep them accordingly they will look fine.

Stevo56

Reaction score

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
That's a surface prepping issue. For weathered outside parts I start with cleaning with lots of dawn, de-greasing, 800 grit, acetone, if it is plastic with plastic primer, paint.

7R3Z-17526-B
4R3Z-17527-AA according to Fordpartsgiant
Actually it's because the cheap paint I use fades out. No flaking or peeling. Florida sun is brutal on paint, cooks it to death.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back