RetroGT2006s CBR600rr build

RetroGT2006

06 S197 Member
Reaction score
So on 3/28/11 I finally got around to driving down south 4+ hours one way with my dad and my buddy Judd. Checked out the bike that i had put a $1000 deposit on weeks ago. It was as clean as he said and nothing wrong with it. My buddy ripped it through the gears and he said it shifted smooth as can be. He was shocked on how well it rode.

We loaded her up and headed back! Sadly it was pouring out so it got a nice 4-5hr bath on the way home lol. Cleaned her up when i got home.

All good to go, got my license, helmet, gloves, and now the bike! When i got home i went straight to the DMV and got a plate and registered it/transferred the title to my name. Sadly i was not able to ride it over by me due to bad weather since 5am this morning when i left.. Here are some shots ;)

Bike is a 2006 cbr600rr all black w/ red stickers, all stock except frame sliders, flush side markers and "RR" rear spools. I paid $4,000 cash money, bike had low miles too! It was buy this bike or continue my attempted turbo build, you obviously know what i chose. So i sold off my Precision turbo, 39# injectors and KB BAP and put it towards the bike. I figured at 70k+ on a stock motor thats been beaten on the street/track to death it wasn't a great idea being that it is my only means of transportation.

Anyhow here are pix of my bike/little amount of gear i have currently.

My boy Judd strapping her down.
cbr11.jpg

cbr.jpg

All stock, but not for long!!
cbr5.jpg

My helmet is on the left
shoeiagv.jpg

fox.jpg

First thing i had to order was a Fender Eliminator kit to remove all that gay plastic fender in the back with reflectors/lights.. I was NOT feeling the scooter look lol.. Also ordered the intergrated taillight that has my turnsignals built in.
tst.jpg

finally.jpg

Hated the stock clutch/brake levers, so i rode up to Cycle Gear by me and bought Adjustable Brake/Clutch levers ;). Went from these-
IMG_20110330_105733.jpg

To these
IMG_20110404_223226.jpg

Random shot of it on the stands at my boys house after i washed it.
mycbr.jpg

My two loves
DSC01261.jpg

DSC01263.jpg

Hated how quiet the stock exhaust was, i wanted to be heard for safety reasons. These Orlando drivers suck.. Ordered up a Yoshimura RS-5 Carbon Fiber exhaust..Didn't go for the full exhaust at the time, may add the header later on, who knows.
yoshi.jpg

IMG_20110513_162652.jpg

Here is a fly by of my bike with the new exhaust, this thing screams up top at 15,000 rpms.. I had my boy Judd rip it down the road so i could hear how it sounded/get a video. Very pleased with the outcome!

Fuck it, i can't get it to Embed...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kE6iISFRCrA

Stopped at a Gas station on the way to school for a drink
gstation.jpg

More randoms of my two babies <3
IMAG0092.jpg

IMAG0095.jpg

Ended up doing an Oil change/replaced the filter.. When i went to go buy the oil a day before i also picked up two new Dunlop Sportmax Q2s to replace the current Michelin 2CTs..
IMAG0163.jpg

Snapped this as i started removing stuff to do my oil change..
IMAG0171.jpg

Sitting in the driveway after the oil change, waiting for me to get back with its fresh rubber mounted/balanced on the wheels
0clip_image002.gif

IMAG0173.jpg

Last edited:

RetroGT2006

06 S197 Member
Reaction score
IMAG0172.jpg

While the wheels were off, i said screw it- put red rim tape on it. It is reflective, so when you go through an intersection people see you.
IMAG0176.jpg

Bought front/rear stands when i went up to get my tires mounted/balanced..Couldn't pass up the deal.
IMAG0178.jpg

I had removed the stock heat shields when i installed the exhaust, i just have not gotten around to wrapping it with black header wrap.

More randoms of my two rides... Yeah yeah yeah, i am a picture whore.
IMAG0205.jpg

IMAG0204.jpg

IMAG0203.jpg

IMAG0201.jpg

Bought a Power Commander 3 so my boy Mike can tune my bike and get more power out of her.. He owns his own tuning company and does amazing work!
IMAG0143.jpg

My last day of school for Anatomy and Physiology 2 lecture, i am riding to school.. Get off the highway, sitting at a light, it goes green so i grab the clutch and put it in gear. Still holding the clutch down tight the bike starts to lunge forward and i hear a snap.. Yup the damn clutch cable snapped and it stalled out and i had to push it to the nearest gas station and walk the remaining 2 miles to school in hopes of making it to my final exam on time!
IMAG0210.jpg

Took me 13 dealerships to find the part but when i did it was almost 3 hours away, i had um ship it and got it the next day.

On a mission to black out the stuff on my bike (swing arm, engine/clutch covers eventually) i started off with my stock rearsets.
IMAG0229.jpg

Little dirty in the pic..
IMAG0231.jpg

IMAG0234.jpg

Last edited:

RetroGT2006

06 S197 Member
Reaction score
Got tired of not being able to use GPS on my bike, as riding one handed fuckn' around with a phone is unsafe.. Bought a car mount, ghetto rigged it and walah!
IMAG0236.jpg

IMAG0235.jpg

IMG_20110808_123535.jpg

IMG_20110808_123543.jpg

Removed passenger rear pegs and where they used to come out of i put a battery tender cable so if i leave my bike down a few days it will have a trickle charge.
IMAG0239.jpg

IMAG0241.jpg

Stock grips sucked b/c they would rub off on my hands and i would have black hands constantly if i didn't use my riding gloves..Also bought new bar ends to match my rear spools.
IMAG0254.jpg

IMAG0259.jpg

My buddies dad offered me this suit so i can join them at Jennings GP.. So i am purchasing it.
me-7.jpg

IMAG0272.jpg

Randoms
IMAG0282.jpg

IMAG0278.jpg

Got spoiled by my High/low 8000k HIDs on the stang and the single beam 8000k in my fogs, so i ordered 55W 5000k HIDs for the bike.. High and lows of course.
IMAG0289.jpg

55w5000k.jpg

After ^that picture i blacked out that third eye on the bike. I had removed the bulb b/c the halogen looked stupid with the HIDs, but it looked odd being empty to i just shot it with VHT.
IMAG0300.jpg

IMAG0299-1.jpg

Warming up..
IMAG0297.jpg

So far that is my bike from start till now.. Next is fresh paint scheme, -1/+2 sprocket n chain kit.. and it will have a red chain to match the accents..

Last edited:

Firebringer

Reaction score
How are the chicken strips on that thing?

Not sure how much of a bike guy you are, but Im a complete fuckin' nut when it comes to them. I was stationed in Italy for 5 years so I was brought up by the best (I started riding there). Been to Mugello, Adria, and Monza track for track riding. If you are going to Jennings, I highly recommend you do some reading (unless you know all of this already, which most people dont). Twist of the Wrist and TotW 2 are great and will teach you how to handle your bike around any turn perfectly (with practice of course).

Oh and your suit is too big.

RetroGT2006

06 S197 Member
Reaction score
How are the chicken strips on that thing?

Not sure how much of a bike guy you are, but Im a complete fuckin' nut when it comes to them. I was stationed in Italy for 5 years so I was brought up by the best (I started riding there). Been to Mugello, Adria, and Monza track for track riding. If you are going to Jennings, I highly recommend you do some reading (unless you know all of this already, which most people dont). Twist of the Wrist and TotW 2 are great and will teach you how to handle your bike around any turn perfectly (with practice of course).

Oh and your suit is too big.
This is my first bike, i am hooked! Been reading up a few things here and there but i like to learn from 1st hand experience, not someone online or a book. Yea i plan on going to Jennings when i get some money together. Yes, i realized the suit is a bit big- it was a friends dads that was offered to me. I am going a different route for sure.. I guess i will give those books a go when i have free time.. Thanks for the heads up. As for chicken strips- it is a daily driven bike and 99% of my driving is straight highway and city roads.. 100+ miles a day of straight will give u them for sure ;).

Nice bike man. I like the gps/phone holder idea.
Thanks man, thought it was a good idea as well! lol I have had to take it off for the past few weeks though b/c it has been raining everyday and well the mount is not water proof as it is a docking station for charging..Thinking of a way to make it weather proof.

No you did not just put a Honda on this site! lol
Yes Cody, i did- it is the off topic section so it does not matter..

sweet...looks like my 07 600rr...black with red accents
Gotta love these bikes bro, it is faster than any car i have driven b4 and it is a blast to ride around on.

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
Wow, your bike looks great. Love the look your going for with the black and red. Put a video up of how it sounds, I'm pretty curious.

Redfire_WNL

THE BEAST UNLEASHED!
Reaction score
Seriously though Im probably getting a bike when I get out of school just so I dont have to spend so much money on gas.

way2qk4u2c

forum member
Reaction score
bike looks good

love my bikes as well- my cbr1000rr is alot of fun

if you wear any type of good boot on those painted rearsets- that paint is going to come off like no other. You might want to get some vortex rearsets annodized black- they are very nice.

welcome to the honda club-

way2qk4u2c

forum member
Reaction score
heres my old 600 that i gave to my wife
100_3347.jpg

heres my new 1000
IMG_20110409_133717.jpg

i did the audi led mod and hid projectors
IMG_9985.jpg

its hard to choose every morning stang or bike lol

RetroGT2006

06 S197 Member
Reaction score
Wow, your bike looks great. Love the look your going for with the black and red. Put a video up of how it sounds, I'm pretty curious.
Thanks man! I thought i posted it but i guess not, here is a flyby.. It was recorded on my cellphone, also i have one of it being turned on/revved up a little bit it was also recorded on an old phone and i got a few text messages that beeped/vibrated so it killed it lol..

Seriously though Im probably getting a bike when I get out of school just so I dont have to spend so much money on gas.
I would recommend getting a bike to anyone and everyone, it is the most fun i've ever had and i will never be without a bike ever again.. I can't tell you how much i save in gas going down the highway to and from school every day.. 50+ miles a day for school alone will kill your pockets especially when i am not making much..

You did a great job on the bike man. It looks absolutely badass!
=) Thanks dude, i completely love how it came out.. I should have a few updated shots in a few weeks of my new chain n sprockets when they arrive.

Both look good man!
Thanks Brian

bike looks good

love my bikes as well- my cbr1000rr is alot of fun

if you wear any type of good boot on those painted rearsets- that paint is going to come off like no other. You might want to get some vortex rearsets annodized black- they are very nice.

welcome to the honda club-
Appreciate it man, i love the rr platform.. I have ridden my buddies 07 636 ninja, a few 07+ gixxer 600s, and a 08 r1 and 06 r6. I duno if its just b/c this ones mine i feel too legit on it, the others ride/run nice but just didn't do it for me. Yeah this was just a temporary thing until i can cough up 340+ dollars for Black Adjustable Vortex rearsets.. Damn dude, the graffitti was sick, always loved that scheme.. Love the 1000rr is it an 08? That headlight mod is pretty serious, i like :beerchug2:

way2qk4u2c

forum member
Reaction score
yeah its a 08 cbr1000- freakin fast.

yeah i love the headlights on the cbr600 they light up nice.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back