S197 Stainless Steel Brake Line Kits

*JZ*

forum member
Reaction score
What advantages do you get with these?

Stainless Steel lines provide a few benefits as compared to their OEM rubber overmolded counterparts.

• The SS braid provides superior protection from flying roadway debris.
  • The SS braid and Teflon hose reduce expansion during pressurization.
Any time that an object is subjected to internal pressure, it expands. The amount of expansion will be proportional to the amount of pressure present and the rigidity of the holding structure. In the case of brake hoses, we are subjecting Teflon to internal pressures as high as 3000PSI. Because the Teflon is relatively flexible, it will expand under these conditions. This expansion creates additional fluid volume in the hydraulic circuit which is felt by the driver as a soft or mushy pedal.
Rubber overmolding does little to reduce expansion under pressure, as rubber is also a relatively flexible material. A woven braid of Stainless Steel, however, can greatly increase the rigidity of the hose under pressure while still allowing adequate flexibility for wheel end movement. In many cases, this reduced expansion can be felt by the driver as a firmer or more responsive brake pedal.
In addition, the reduced compliance will result in a faster transient response of the brake system. In other words, the time from the driver hitting the brake pedal until deceleration is generated will be decreased by a small amount. The benefit will vary based on each individual application, but in general overall deceleration can be attained more quickly, resulting in shorter stopping distances.

redfiresixer

forum member
Reaction score
Awesome, will definitely be picking some of these up around/after Christmas when I do my suspension. SS brake lines and slotted rotors did wonders for the braking on my New Edge GT.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back