Saleen blower guys in here!!!

Impact 5.0

Don't hate..Appreciate
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Have any of you looked at your alternator while someone else was in the car revving the motor? Have you noticed how is slightly moves towards the (tilts) towards the left (inside of motor)

When I snapped my belt the mechanic noticed this when we swapped out belts and started the motor... Said maybe that's one reason my belt went???

Fastmover

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
Make sure your idler isn't bent. When you load up the blower the dump the clutch the rotors can't slow down that fast and it jerks the belts bending the idler. That could be what snapped the belt.:2cents:

cekim

Large Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Make sure your idler isn't bent. When you load up the blower the dump the clutch the rotors can't slow down that fast and it jerks the belts bending the idler. That could be what snapped the belt.:2cents:
Also make sure you idler is against or near the "stop" normally - many have ground off that stop to get some more travel under load/unload condition...

Next make sure your belt isn't too tight or you will be replacing accessories with each oil change...

No alternator twist here with 6 rib before or now with 8 rib - but with the 6 rib I had to experiment a bit with belts and got rid of the plastic idler pulley before I found a balance between too loose and too tight...

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back