SCT Tuner Replacement Parts

AnotherS197GT

Serial Valve Dropper
Reaction score
The screen on my X3 is no longer working properly. It's giving me an inverted and flipped image, so I'm unable to read anything on it. I called SCT and they want to charge me $150 to replace the screen and I don't want to dump $150 into a 6 year old tuner. Does anyone have any clue as to where to get a replacement screen? I tried googling the part numbers on the module, but I can't find anything on Google.

Last edited:

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Who wrote your tune? My tuner has lots of old handheld units in the drawer, available cheap for customers who don't need the latest, greatest new handheld.

01yellerCobra

forum member
Reaction score
I ordered a screen to replace the broken one on my buddies X3. I should have it in a week or so. I'll post if it works. If it does I'll post up the part number.

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
With regard to no screen at all I have first hand witnessed doing the following for a quick remedy that works usually as weird as it sounds:

place the SCT Tuner in a freezer for 30 minutes or so. Take it out and fire it up. The change in temp on the LCD display will often times allow for temporary function of the screen long enough to get what is needed done. Saw a speed shop do this once on a customer SCT tuner module that powered but no screen when trying to load a tune onto the device. They completed the transfer from the PC to the unit, then stuck it in a freezer for half hour or so and the screen lasted long enough to complete the tune upload to the car with time to spare. That gave the customer a completed product and an option what to do about his tuner device....repair or replace.

As for inverted distorted characters that sounds more like a microprocessor that is responsible for screen control. If the replacement screen has the microprocessor piggybacked on the back of it the part may fix the problem, if it is merely the screen I am skeptical, but electrons have tricked me before on occasion.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back