Shaker 500 upgrade

GrabberblueS197

forum member
Reaction score
Does anyone have a "detailed" Shaker 500 upgrade write up they can share with me? Ive used the search button and found schematics on the head unit wiring but I really need the whole set up if possible. From drawing power to mounting locations for the new amp setup and woofer mounting. Im not 100% on whether I should draw power from the battery directly or tap into a fuse. If I can get a really good detailed write up Im sure Ill figure it out but so far all I have found is the head unit schematics. Thanks in advance and some pictures would be awesome!!! Really need your help guys! This is all I have so far but to me its the easy part

wirecolors-vi.jpg

Im not a complete tard but talk to me as if I am! lol Thanks again in advance... Pretty desperate pictures help!!!:thanks1:

MOC826

I have a shitty program!
Reaction score
honestly... this is in the wrong section.. theres a "tunes" thread which is here..

http://s197forum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=51

and i dont know if ive heard of drawing power for an amp anywhere else other then the battery and the subs just hook into the amp which will power them when the car turns on? i havent hooked up an aftermarket system in a really long time but that has been the most common way that i can think of for a really long time.

and with the whole shaker wire thing.. im pretty sure its simple enough to not really need a full writeup cause from my understanding its just a wire harness that plugs in the back of the head unit that you have to splice wires from the amp and speakers to which powers everything when the car turns on..

i hope this helps but i dont think it will cause i dont know if im understanding what your asking i guess.. just seems more confusing then it has to be IMO

GrabberblueS197

forum member
Reaction score
honestly... this is in the wrong section.. theres a "tunes" thread which is here..

http://s197forum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=51

and i dont know if ive heard of drawing power for an amp anywhere else other then the battery and the subs just hook into the amp which will power them when the car turns on? i havent hooked up an aftermarket system in a really long time but that has been the most common way that i can think of for a really long time.

and with the whole shaker wire thing.. im pretty sure its simple enough to not really need a full writeup cause from my understanding its just a wire harness that plugs in the back of the head unit that you have to splice wires from the amp and speakers to which powers everything when the car turns on..

i hope this helps but i dont think it will cause i dont know if im understanding what your asking i guess.. just seems more confusing then it has to be IMO

Lol thread placement isnt my best quality, my whole thing is I bought the kit used and have never seen one in person before so Im not quite sure where everything goes.Theres a sub box and if Im not mistaken the amps mount right behind there. Im not making it seem harder than it is I just havent seen the shaker 1000 system in person to know where everything goes. And also I didnt receive bolts so Im not sure to use existing or go out and but new hardware. Thats where the whole "detailed" write up comes in. I want a clean install and thats why I requested the "detailed" write up . When you want shit done right Id rather go the long route and find out exactly every detail. I like to do my research before I go and make a mess of things :beerchug2:

MOC826

I have a shitty program!
Reaction score
Lol thread placement isnt my best quality, my whole thing is I bought the kit used and have never seen one in person before so Im not quite sure where everything goes.Theres a sub box and if Im not mistaken the amps mount right behind there. Im not making it seem harder than it is I just havent seen the shaker 1000 system in person to know where everything goes. And also I didnt receive bolts so Im not sure to use existing or go out and but new hardware. Thats where the whole "detailed" write up comes in. I want a clean install and thats why I requested the "detailed" write up . When you want shit done right Id rather go the long route and find out exactly every detail. I like to do my research before I go and make a mess of things :beerchug2:

i full understand wanting a clean install. most of the "clean" part comes with where you route your wires, and the most common places are under the carpet on the edges so you can pull door sills out of the way to make it easier.

you can buy wire install kits for the amp and the head unit that comes with pretty much everything you need. most kits are universal for the amp kit and they make specific kits for the shaker 500. again.. a "detailed" write up isnt NEEDED as long as you buy the kit and have patients to hid the wires.

the shaker 1000 subs are on the passenger side of the trunk (obviously) so the wires (my guess) are routed behind that carpet and up to the top of the trunk, the amps to the 1000 is bolted to the metal plate in the center top of your trunk. if you go and look at your trunk, i bet you could figure out how to route everything and find out where everything can go. its really not that hard. if your sub box wont mount to that specific spot and you need somewhere to mount it then i would suggest going and buying hardware to bolt in to the center of your trunk and buy self-tapping screws.. again, i havent installed a system in a few years and ive never installed one on a mustang or any car for that matter and ive only done 2 systems. take your time, go look at all the hiding spots in your trunk and the rest is pretty self-explainatory with routing them under the carpet on the sides. hope this helps

edit: if theres any audio shops near you that have done an s197 with a shaker system then i would just go ask them if you cant find the help your looking for on here

one.wicked.stang

Grudge Race?
Reaction score
Wiring help for GrabberBlueS197

Here ya go....

Attachments

• grabberblue.jpg
    grabberblue.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 33

gil_t2

Love Nitro in the Morning
Reaction score
I don't understand what else you want? You have the pin-out w/ wire color.

raisinjack

forum member
Reaction score
although this is for a 2005 most of what is in here also applies to my 06

http://iihs.net/fsm/?dir=1

on my 06 2 amps are mounted in the left footwell where the fuel pump reset is located.

Last edited:

one.wicked.stang

Grudge Race?
Reaction score
take all 4 wires for 12v from the amps and tie them into a 4ga wire, run that to your battery with a 60A maxi fuse. take all 4 ground wires from the amp rack and tie into a 4ga ground wire and ground at trunk to BARE metal, this is important, ground to a bolt or something secure. the 4 clipping (amps turn on) wires from the amps tie into 1 wire and run to the back of your radio (see diagram above) the speaker positive and negative do the same, you should only have 3 wires going to the radio, and 2 other wires, one to the battery and one to ground. Youll have to cut the plug off of the existing 4 amp rack, I went to the junk yard and robbed a male/female connector off of a car that had power seats (plug had 2 or 3 heavy gauge wires plus about 6-8 more smaller wires, I just cut flush with the plug what I didnt need. This isnt that hard of an install. If you feel like a road trip throw everything in the car and drive up to Ft Worth and Ill help, just buy the pizza and beer :)

GrabberblueS197

forum member
Reaction score
Here ya go....

Perfect I guess my confusion was with pins 56 and 8 which were only to draw signal right? Th other 4 pins were for power and thats what I didnt have. Ill give it another shot and see how it works.Youve been the biggest help so far thanks a bunch man:cheers: most other people here assume youve been installing stereos for years and just throw in smart comments as if that helps. Thanks again street stallions

Last edited:

one.wicked.stang

Grudge Race?
Reaction score
Actually I have been an installer since 87!!!! Quit doing it professionally in 99, now I just tinker around with it here and there... too damn old to be crawling around under dash boards, not as thin or limber as I used to be...

one.wicked.stang

Grudge Race?
Reaction score
Now remember if you feed 12v into something that doesn't want 12v you'll fry something! Triple check all connections before actually applying power to see if this works.

GrabberblueS197

forum member
Reaction score
Now remember if you feed 12v into something that doesn't want 12v you'll fry something! Triple check all connections before actually applying power to see if this works.

Dude youre fucking awesome I wish there was more people like you on this forum!!! I got most of it done today but my keys got missplaced so didnt quite get the chance to finish. Still though youre 10 x more helpful than anyone else. You should really think about doing a detailed write!!! Id be all over it for sure. Thanks again man

MOC826

I have a shitty program!
Reaction score
Dude youre fucking awesome I wish there was more people like you on this forum!!! I got most of it done today but my keys got missplaced so didnt quite get the chance to finish. Still though youre 10 x more helpful than anyone else. You should really think about doing a detailed write!!! Id be all over it for sure. Thanks again man

yeah its pretty obvious hes really smart with that stuff. im sorry if i came across as "that shit is so easy, a cave man could do it" kinda attitude, i was reading back through and it didnt click to me that your wanting to do this with the stock head unit (yeah i know its even in the title) i was pretty much reffering to an aftermarket head unit which are much easier to work with. so again im sorry for over looking what you were actually asking

GrabberblueS197

forum member
Reaction score
yeah its pretty obvious hes really smart with that stuff. im sorry if i came across as "that shit is so easy, a cave man could do it" kinda attitude, i was reading back through and it didnt click to me that your wanting to do this with the stock head unit (yeah i know its even in the title) i was pretty much reffering to an aftermarket head unit which are much easier to work with. so again im sorry for over looking what you were actually asking

No worries this forum isnt exactly for the weak. lol but I still do have a problem
still couldnt get it going seems like Im not getting power no sound at all Im running 10 g wire from the battery do you think that could be the problem or is the wiring different somehow for post 06 cars? Ive seen other post and they say to grab signal from pins 5 6 and 8 but my colors dont match when I try and go that route? Any help is appreciated thanks again. This is the schematic Im using at the moment any input helps
wirecolors-vi-1.jpg

Only problem is that if I use pins 5 6 and 8 the colors dont match. Kinda SOL at the moment...

Back