Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bumblebee06

Speed Demon
Reaction score
So as some of you know i just got the GT not to long ago and ran into the dreaded 2nd gear synchro issue. I planed to get it repaired with my tax returns and was quoted 600 if i brought the transmission to the shop.

Well just browsing around i found a similar mustang at a local dealer that I wouldn't mind having (link below). It is a cali special which is one of my favorites and i was planing to get the same rear bumper for my current mustang as well as do the CDC Classic in that style. I was just thinking that with the money i would invest in my current car to fix it and get the bumper and chin, I could use it as a down payment for this one and have a car payment almost the same. All while having a car with less miles and no problems. It is also already equiped with gears. I have drove it already and feels solid as a rock. Question is should I?

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...pe=b&num_records=25&cardist=16&standard=false

BoostedGT480

Slow 3v
Reaction score
how much price difference is your car and the new car? Will you be adding on more money on the loan from your current car?

monk36

forum member
Reaction score
Well you'll have to factor trans problems in whether you fix it or sell it. Seems like a lot of trouble for wanting a fixed trans and bumper. I don't know what your insurance rates are but I'd shop around for a 2007 gt500 before that.

bumblebee06

Speed Demon
Reaction score
I wont be upside down because the money i would put into getting the trans fixed i would use as a down payment. The price is about 700 more which would be covered from the down payment. If i could afford a GT500 i would. Ultimate decision will be made when i find out what im getting back in taxes.

TexasBlownV8

Formerly TexasBlownV6
Reaction score
Yeah but how will you be able to sell/trade your car if the trans is messed up?

Regardless, all them nekid girls in your avatar would make it allll right!

Franchi

Senior JR Member....
Reaction score
Unless you were already dead set on owning a legit GT/CS, I'd keep what you have and get it fixed. I'd rather deal with something I know with a few issues then potentially inherit car with more issues that costs more.

cgibs89

Stickers add HP brah
Reaction score
Unless you were already dead set on owning a legit GT/CS, I'd keep what you have and get it fixed. I'd rather deal with something I know with a few issues then potentially inherit car with more issues that costs more.

+1 to this.

Just fix your car instead of possibly taking on more headaches.

Aandf1978

M90 SUPPORTER!!
Reaction score
Shit for all of that, drive to VA Beach where there is a 2008 Bullitt (MINE) with that same mileage, and better mods and more fun and buy it!!! Condition is just as good has a GT/CS front bumper, plus stock bumper. Everything has a price just saying!!!

bumblebee06

Speed Demon
Reaction score
The car from what i can see has no issues. And the dealership is offering me an extended warranty. I have always wanted a GT/CS and love the redfire color. They already said they would take my car and pretend i never told them about 2nd gear. I just hope i can haggle the price down so i dont have to put down a huge down payment.

LAStang1234

----------DSL----------
Reaction score
Shit for all of that, drive to VA Beach where there is a 2008 Bullitt (MINE) with that same mileage, and better mods and more fun and buy it!!! Condition is just as good has a GT/CS front bumper, plus stock bumper. Everything has a price just saying!!!

OTHER FTW!! :highfive:

swat 79

forum member
Reaction score
The car from what i can see has no issues. And the dealership is offering me an extended warranty. I have always wanted a GT/CS and love the redfire color. They already said they would take my car and pretend i never told them about 2nd gear. I just hope i can haggle the price down so i dont have to put down a huge down payment.

I really like the way you're car looks, it's clean and understated but still real sharp. With that said, the financials of it are screaming for you to get the gt/cs. Not to mention it's what you want! If you get enough from the tax return go for it, you're getting more car with less mileage for the same money.

bumblebee06

Speed Demon
Reaction score
I really like the way you're car looks, it's clean and understated but still real sharp. With that said, the financials of it are screaming for you to get the gt/cs. Not to mention it's what you want! If you get enough from the tax return go for it, you're getting more car with less mileage for the same money.

I agree!! :highfive:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back