Reaction score
100_2225.jpg

100_2221.jpg

100_2232.jpg

delz05

forum member
Reaction score
05 Shelby Tribute

Pretty much finished up with my 05 GT re-do. The reason for the SHELBY name plates is that it is my daughters middle name... and when I met Mr. Shelby at SEMA a few years ago, had the pleasure of a ten minute conversation about the CS6/CS8 conversions. Explained what I was looking to accomplish and with his words of encouragement..."Every Mustang is a blank canvas waiting to be personalized..." this is what my son and I assembled.

Has the Roush Speedster black leather/suede seat covers, heated seats, push button start, Ford Racing 18" Bullit Wheels, Roush M90 Intercooled SC with Ford Racing 62mm TB, pushing 404 @ rear wheels, CS8 grill, lights and name plate, CDC Aggressive chin spoiler, CDC signal lights in the mirrors and the CDC Style Light Bar (not shown), GT500 deck lid spoiler, Bullit struts/shocks, GT500 strut mounts, Ford Racing Stingers, Steeda lowering springs RotorPros front and rear rotors, and a 3 tone custom paint job that my son rendered over the course of 10 weeks.

He stripped the car down to it's base coat, applied a metalic tangerine stripe to accent the orange stitching in the Roush seat cover, blacked out the hood, upper pillars, doors and deck lid, including the spoiler. He carried the striping around the entire car, over the spoiler and across the hood lip. Can't imaging what the cost would have been if I had to pay for it! All the custom paint was done at Factory Collision and Restoration (FCR) in Weymouth Ma where he work. (Thanks Greg!) His boss was more than generous with shop time and supplies (Thanks Tony and Rob!)

Attachments

• DSC03408.JPG
    DSC03408.JPG
    152.7 KB · Views: 34
  • DSC03409.JPG
    DSC03409.JPG
    132.5 KB · Views: 33
  • DSC03410.JPG
    DSC03410.JPG
    140.5 KB · Views: 40
  • DSC03411.JPG
    DSC03411.JPG
    140.1 KB · Views: 32
  • DSC03412.JPG
    DSC03412.JPG
    136.7 KB · Views: 27
  • DSC03413.JPG
    DSC03413.JPG
    142 KB · Views: 24
  • DSC03414.JPG
    DSC03414.JPG
    114.8 KB · Views: 24

tomm99

forum member
Reaction score
hands down the best color out there, if you get it right .... everyone that posted you got it right amazing cars guys!!!..... give me till the end of the weekish and mine will finaly be ready for a photo to post, guy i bought it from bet the crap out of her but im slowly making her all sexy again!

SeanD

forum member
Reaction score
They are the Saleen PJ tips. The mufflers that go along with it are Saleen. Car is changing from what it looked like it the pictures. A little makeover has been in the works for awhile. Just waiting for my painter to get the car in to get mt new hood and repaint pretty much the whole car.

Bumper, Exhaust and license plate relocation kit are for sale!! Need to get rid of it. Need the space in the garage!

Hey Sean... love those tips. Which exhaust system?

MountainMichael

forum member
Reaction score
A47 mirrors in WVB

Prehistoric bumpski.

My take on the A47 mirrors. Painted them at home with rattle can code P3 basecoat and spray max clearcoat.

Easy peasy. Only warning: Some A47 mirrors sold as unpainted arrive with a not so good trim black on them. It's probably fine - but ya' need to know that since basecoat will make most cheap paints lift/wrinkle up like a prune. I caught it beforehand and removed it from the areas to be painted, thankfully. SEM adhesion promoter seems to work well but can cause some sand scratch swelling on this plastic if first wet sanded with 600# like I did.

Car is dirty as hell; been parking it outside for a couple weeks to sweat some blisters out of the new white vinyl (mediocre) stripe install.

Comparison with OEM elephant ear:

elepha10.jpg

Some other mods, changes and repairs. Nothing unique. Good old Shark is up to 27k miles now. Twin screw blower, stock long block, home built 3.73 diff, etc all working with 100% reliability.

dirty_13.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back