So much for that motor.....

NjsGT

Back in the game....
Reaction score
Went to the track today with 94tbird and lost my motor..... Melted 3 pistons on the drivers side.... Sucks to be in these shoes but what can you do? It is what it is..... Main thing is I just have to decide where to go from here.... I know Im annolyed right now and i may change my mind after I cool down but I am leaning towards a part out followed by going back to stock, really not sure if i can deal with all the bullshit again.... I just dont understand what went wrong with the a/f ratio's..... Well heres some carnage pics... Enjoy....

After my car looked like a fucking airplane crash, I decided to pop the hood to have a looky....... Awesome.....
IMAG00441.jpg

Im assuming aprox 2 qt's of oil came up and blew the fucking valve cover gasket out....

BBQ'd plugs...
IMAG00451.jpg

I also have a go-pro vid to show you guys......
So tomarrow after work, the tear down will continue.... Just have to drop the trans, and remove the PS pump, AC, and motor mounts....

FML :roflmao:

Last edited:

NjsGT

Back in the game....
Reaction score
:wtf1::rant::lol2: Exactly how I feel right now.....

I know theres some serious carnage under everything.... I have fucking coolant in my oil pan..... Only afew ways that can happen :mad2::roflmao:

WTF/....Is was only at 13psi with the numbers in your sig? Damn dude that is tough...Whose tune JDM?
Yes JDM's.. Motor and tune....

Last edited by a moderator:

NjsGT

Back in the game....
Reaction score
I'm sorry that happened. The csi should be interesting. Don't make any rash decisions.
Thanx Bruce. Gonna do my best with the decisions.... I know I have to let my mind cool down for afew days...

NjsGT

Back in the game....
Reaction score
It was 93 pump gas? A/F just leaned out?
Yea, 93. Must have leaned out...... I basically made a fucking welding lance.... Im sure the pistons have holes clean through them... Only one way to find out..

Damn man, that sucks big old basketball balls. Sweaty ones at that.

I hope you get her back on the road soon!
Gonna do my best..... Like I said, I have a bunch of ways Im thinking about doing.....

Gotta clear my head first...

Last edited by a moderator:

OU81

slow typical mustang...
Reaction score
Damn, that's three motors this week. That sucks big hairy moose lips, dude.

Thats exactly what I was about to post. Kind of glad I dont have deep pockets to blow up I mean build my motor w/ a supercharger. lol Wish I did in a way but I'm sure my motor & my wife thanks me. lol

bw281

forum member
Reaction score
Damn, sorry to hear. Take your time and I wish you the best on the rebuild.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Sorry Mike. I know how you feel. Ron had texted me earlier and told me the troubles.

FWIW- if you do decide to rebuild it, check out Micheal at L&M.

Steedman07

Classified's Moderator:)
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
What in the fuck..Are you fucking serious? And only 13 psi? WTF??? They built it and tuned it, not much to talk about there. I am sure they will make it right...Sorry man, that really sucks, I feel for you, big time..Hang in there, you will get back on the road, try not to get to frustrated, but I know I would be pissed off more than a raging bull with red ants attacking his huge penis...

Kadorja

FNG
Reaction score
Wasnt another one of the motors that blew this week a JDM tune? I know who not to get a tune from now....

And sorry that sucks. I always think 'what if' whenever I do something with my car or buy another part. I've seen people blow from simple mods with a bad tune. Its always a gamble I guess.

First thing is relax and take your mind off of things. Then upload that GoPro vid and have a good laugh. Then rebuild it and make it better. Im sure you got plenty of good parts to reuse or sell and get some cash back. Hopefully JDM will stand behind some of it and help out.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back