so who is your tuner?

silverpoison

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
RET in Downey CA

RET FTMFW

Another RET (Racer's Edge Tuning) happy customer...:thumb:

Flat out best tuning my car has had in its' 4 year and 5 different power adder history...:leghump:

Same here, stock motor still running strong :beer: I know Greg talks highly of Justin@VMP. Guess they knew each other since SCT first started.

I think its great all of these motors have stayed together. All except one have power adders, and two have 2 power adders. I think that should speak for something.

FenixNR

S197 Newb
Reaction score
Chris Rose @ Tillman Speed. Great guy, great service, and always answers questions that I have.

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Dan@ProDyno tuned my car. He is in S/C though so I may see if JDM can mail order tune my car if I send them data logs.

joedls

Dragracer wannabe
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I think its great all of these motors have stayed together. All except one have power adders, and two have 2 power adders. I think that should speak for something.

I don't know about the rest of these guys, but mine is still on stock internals.

blue3v

forum member
Reaction score
:eek:hsnap:wow you guys have made the decision real easy.lol. i can honestly say i NEVER expected this many diferent responses thanks everyone and feel free to keep adding. for future knowledge. thanks again everyone. this is def going to be hard.

xtreme02gt

forum member
Reaction score
HPP

For an email tune I would use Bama.. he usually has the tune emailed within the hour :thumb:

HPP <----- Manny is a GREAT guy!

Patrick at PSI Motorsports in TX. Did a great job.

Patrick at PSI Motorsports in Webster TX.

-Bryan

As far as Patrick @ PSI, being a Texas guy myself I have heard nothing but GREAT things about him...... The lightning guys seem to really use him. When I had my 04 Lightning ( Patrick @ PSI ) is ALL I heard about!!

06 BLK MGT

S197 Team Member
Reaction score

SonicGT

Mad Torque Inc.
Reaction score
RET FTMFW

RET in Downey CA

Another RET (Racer's Edge Tuning) happy customer...:thumb:

Flat out best tuning my car has had in its' 4 year and 5 different power adder history...:leghump:

Same here, stock motor still running strong :beer: I know Greg talks highly of Justin@VMP. Guess they knew each other since SCT first started.

Another vote for RET

Greg has tuned my set ups n/a, nitrous, KB, and now with a single turbo. Car has always ran great.

chrisstang1

forum member
Reaction score
+1 for dan the man at pro dyno in South carolina. I went to get my 331 stroker hatch pulled and watched him tune a 08 Gt with a vortech for probably 6 hours. He wont let if off the dyno till its perfect.

ultamax

forum member
Reaction score
Very satisfied w/ email tune from Brenspeed on previous '05 GT w/ bolt-ons. Great customer service too.

Patrick at PSI did my custom dyno tune on the current '07. That dude is sharp!

Hatchman

Stangless
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
First tune was Justing @ VMP preloaded in Xcal2, serial number 000003! Tune was rich as hell, car puffed raw fuel out the tailpipes, but hey, it was the third Xcal2 sold in the US, and still working the bugs out. Maybe my girl likes it leaner than their test mule.

Doug at Bamachips for N/A. I picked up 10 RWHP after his first adjustment to my email tune when he tuned it on the dyno. Loved his tune, especially the email tune for the '05 Redfire auto I had.

After going F/I, went with James at Running With the Devil in Mobile, AL. Great tuner, great tunes. Has been doing a lot of work on Terminators over the years, great Lightning tuner, and now has been doing S197s since the first KB's and Whipples came out. I could go on for hours about how informative and educational he is during the tuning process. He explains all about duty cycle, A/F ratio, thermostats, fuel pumps, timing, bla bla bla. He's forgotten more than I will ever know about tuning. Emails returned fast, great customer service, helped work out a stumbling problem I had, which turned out to be a bad TPS.

RWTD FTW!

2005redgt

Reaction score
PSI does lots of Mustangs, Shelby's and some Ford GT's on top of the other things he does. He is a master tuner in the background of knowledge he has at his disposal.

He recently told me he went 197 MPH in his Shelby GT500 (with Whipple) at the Texas Mile.

-Bryan

HPP <----- Manny is a GREAT guy!

As far as Patrick @ PSI, being a Texas guy myself I have heard nothing but GREAT things about him...... The lightning guys seem to really use him. When I had my 04 Lightning ( Patrick @ PSI ) is ALL I heard about!!

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back