Sold my 2010 GT and bought a 2011 5.0, SCT and exhaust questions inside!

Gorilla978

Reaction score
I recently sold my 2010 GT and purchased a 2011 5.0. I have an SCT Tuner which I bought from americanmuscle (along with tunes for life). Of course within 24 hours of purchasing my car I decided I would download a new tune, I paid the $150.00 (I guess if you switch cars you need to fork up some $$ again, since it wouldn't let me switch years/models).

Anyhoo...I downloaded the tunes to my SCT device and attempted to load them onto my 5.0. It wouldn't work and said something along the lines of "Incorrect Binary such and such" I'm guessing that the tuner is mated specifically to my old car (or the 4.6 3V). This brings me to my question...am I sh*t out of luck or is there a way to remedy this. I'd hate to think I've wasted about $500.00 on some useless software and a piece of platic ( although I could always sell it on the classifieds I suppose).

Also before this is brought up, yes I did a search, and no I couldn't come up with anything. ( I did however email americanmuscle.com but I haven't received a response as of yet).

Thanks,
-Mike

Edit: I realize I wasn't exactly clear, the SCT tuner I had was bought for the 2010 and I was attempting to use it with my 2011. I did a bit of searching after I learned reading the response I think I know what I need to do.

Last edited:

Gorilla978

Reaction score
Ahh ok I didn't realize that's how they worked. Like I said I emailed AM and I was waiting on a response. Thanks for the help.

zachcrosen

forum member
Reaction score
Ahh ok I didn't realize that's how they worked. Like I said I emailed AM and I was waiting on a response. Thanks for the help.

No need in contacting AM. They can't do anything for you. You will have to contact SCT, get an RMA and ship them your tuner and pay $150 to get it unlocked. I had to do this about a month ago with mine. I didnt return my old '08 to stock and had to fork out $150 to SCT to have them unlock it. Then, when I got mine back, I had to upate the firmware and the tune revision and then add my new tunes to it.

Zach

Franchi

Senior JR Member....
Reaction score
If you didn't return the factory tune back to the 2010 before you got rid of it, only way to get it unlocked is to send the Xcal to SCT and pay $150 to have them unlock it so it can be used on another car.

If you DID return the factory tune in the 2010 before trading it in, then it might be you need the newest firmware update for the SCT's which just came out Feb 18th or so as I knew they were initally having issues synching up to the 2011's but I believe the last update fixed that.

EDIT: /\/\

Damnit, ninja'd! lol

vakane

Minister of sinister
Reaction score
yea... u gotta "unmarry" it before using it in another car...

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back