Speedo adjustment - manual to 4R70W swap

ILW84U

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone knows what the OSS needs to be changed to so the speedometer reads correctly in a manual to 4R70W swap?

From reading the thread posted by GIJOE on his automatic to 4R70W swap, his required the "# of holes in the OSS" changed to 6 in his tune.

Thanks.

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you answered your own question. Unless you don't have any faith in what GI Joe had to say.

Chris06GT

Dragging LS Ass..
Reaction score
I can see where he would be questioning though.......GI went from auto to auto, and he is manual to auto....might be a slight difference...

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I can see where he would be questioning though.......GI went from auto to auto, and he is manual to auto....might be a slight difference...

If nothing changes when going from 5R55 to 3650 or vise versa, then how does that come in to play? Seems the OSS is the same between the two transmission that are offered in the car from the factory.

ILW84U

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have to check with my tuner to make sure, but he thought he had made the change in the tune already & it does not read correctly. I will be there on Saturday & we will check it. I was unaware that the 5R55 & the 3650 use the same OSS. If so, then Hawg is right & the setting on 6 should work.

Nickoli

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Or if you are building your 4r70w you can put the sun gear out of an 04 4r70w that is a 24 tooth Whitch is the same as the 5r55 and you don't have to change shit. That is what I did.

ILW84U

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Or if you are building your 4r70w you can put the sun gear out of an 04 4r70w that is a 24 tooth Whitch is the same as the 5r55 and you don't have to change shit. That is what I did.
Thanks for the info but the tranny is already built.

Wes

forum member
Reaction score
I've corrected the speedo in manual -> auto cases with the holes for OSS parameter.

Wes

ILW84U

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I've corrected the speedo in manual -> auto cases with the holes for OSS parameter.

Wes

That is the parameter that was changed. It was changed from 12 to 6 as written up by GIJOE. On the dyno with that setting my speedo was reading about half the actual speed. We changed it back to 12 but haven't tried it out because of some other issues. Maybe when the tranny was built they already changed the sun gear with a 24 tooth one as Nickoli had suggested. :idea:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back