Sponge clutch and whine

Dex

I'm Dexolishous
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I recently put my motor back in and along with that the trans goes back on. When I leave the car for a bit the pedal gets a little spongy. Couple pumps and its back to normal but I also get a whine/metal on metal sound when Im putting the car into first and reverse. Do I just have some stubborn air in the lines? I've pumped the fucker a bunch with the cap off with no improvement. Seems like when I drive a good distance or pump the pedal you can hear the noise as much.

Dex

I'm Dexolishous
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
so youre saying i should properly bleed it and it will go away?

ixtlan

Reaction score
The spongy will go away for sure.
The Whine and Metal to Metal sound would be something else.
The throwout bearing could be worn out and needs replacement.
The Slave and Throwout bearing are a unit you replace both at once.

Slave and Bearing:
getimage.php

Sactown

Sactown
Reaction score
I recently put my motor back in and along with that the trans goes back on. When I leave the car for a bit the pedal gets a little spongy. Couple pumps and its back to normal but I also get a whine/metal on metal sound when Im putting the car into first and reverse. Do I just have some stubborn air in the lines? I've pumped the fucker a bunch with the cap off with no improvement. Seems like when I drive a good distance or pump the pedal you can hear the noise as much.
Unfortunatly there are only a couple of ways to make sure the air is out of the system (thanks ford) vaccum bleed, garvity bleed, and some have found jacking up the drivers side of the car and letting it sit overnight helps with the gravity bleed.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back