Tail light problem

Kaspur

Reaction score
when my lights are turned on one of the sequential lights stays lit up, when I press my breaks the drivers side turn signal illuminates but doesn’t blink just stays lit up while I’m on the break and only the driver side. Does anyone know how to fix this or what’s wrong with it?

IMG_0549.jpeg

dark steed

Resident noob
Reaction score
We need a little more background, did it just start? Did it work properly before? Did you just install them and they’re not working correctly?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kaspur

Reaction score
I bought the car from someone who did a ton of really bad work on it and am trying to restore it, it’s been like this since I’ve gotten it

07 Boss

Reaction score
Well I'm thinking that most of these taillight units are plug and play so I would think it would be the module in the taillights itself. If you know someone with another mustang you could swap taillights to see if that is the issue. I'm thinking I have an extra set somewhere but you're way over in Kansas.

yote0

Reaction score
The easiest and cheapest solution would be to replace those aftermarket tails with the stock ones. Shouldn't be hard to find and would look better too.

Kaspur

Reaction score
Didn’t even realize I didn’t have to stock lights on lol could that also be the issue with the turn signals or would that be another problem?

Jwood562

Reaction score
I would say start by replacing the lights first and see what problems, if any, remain.

get some stockers off ebay and make sure they come with the harness

Iceman62

Bullitt 6005
Reaction score
Are there any local salvage yards to check too...might be cheaper than buying off eBay, or search CraigsList.

Curious - how does the wiring look at connections? Reason I ask is because I swapped tails in my truck w/ LED & 1st set went wack-o b/c connections weren't water tight. I bought 2nd set & siliconed/treated every connector - no more problems. LEDs are real finicky when wet. :D

Kaspur

Reaction score
I’ll be checking today, the teenager I bought the car from did a lot of janky wiring when he installed a bunch of subwoofer’s and a light bar in the trunk

07 Boss

Reaction score
You can either get some stock lights and then maybe get a sequential harness if you wanna keep that feature. Or you can look into a set of aftermarket. I have these raxioms, they are hit and miss on the quality as many have had functioning issues but I never had a problem with mine working.

I am starting to have an issue with the finish but I’m not surprised as it sits outside in some extreme temps and harsh sunlight. But I still like em.

I’ll be checking today, the teenager I bought the car from did a lot of janky wiring when he installed a bunch of subwoofer’s and a light bar in the trunk

I’m 90% sure that it’s the taillights themselves only because swapping them doesn’t entail any electrical work besides plugging and unplugging. But kids do stupid shit all the time. Maybe he was having issues like you and he tried to fix it.

XJCasper

forum member
Reaction score
How much do you want to spend?

What style do you want?

That dictates the direction I would go.

Have had stock lights with sequential wiring smd Raxiom LED housings. Had no issues with either.

Either way, I would replace them.

XJCasper

forum member
Reaction score
You can either get some stock lights and then maybe get a sequential harness if you wanna keep that feature. Or you can look into a set of aftermarket. I have these raxioms, they are hit and miss on the quality as many have had functioning issues but I never had a problem with mine working.

I am starting to have an issue with the finish but I’m not surprised as it sits outside in some extreme temps and harsh sunlight. But I still like em.

I’m 90% sure that it’s the taillights themselves only because swapping them doesn’t entail any electrical work besides plugging and unplugging. But kids do stupid shit all the time. Maybe he was having issues like you and he tried to fix it.

Well, well.....
Did love the LED Raxiom tails. Went to the garage to find some issues with the finish pealing.

Still love the style.

07 Boss

Reaction score
Well, well.....
Did love the LED Raxiom tails. Went to the garage to find some issues with the finish pealing.

Still love the style.

Yeah, I'm debating what to do. Unfortunately I'm planning on selling Jessica to help finance an aluminum big block for Brook so I don't want to drop the dime on a new set because they are pricey and it would be unrecoverable funds. I plan on helping the finish peel itself off and then spit polishing them with some clear adhesion primer and a coat or two of clear hoping to make them look good enough for sale without deducting any points. We'll see how that turns out.

XJCasper

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm debating what to do. Unfortunately I'm planning on selling Jessica to help finance an aluminum big block for Brook so I don't want to drop the dime on a new set because they are pricey and it would be unrecoverable funds. I plan on helping the finish peel itself off and then spit polishing them with some clear adhesion primer and a coat or two of clear hoping to make them look good enough for sale without deducting any points. We'll see how that turns out.

Do you have the original tails?

XJCasper

forum member
Reaction score
Ok doke. I never got around to selling mine.

In your case? I was gonna recommend to put it back to factory tails when you sell. Should look more clean without the peeling. And they can have the Raduoms also. Custom tails are not gonna get you any extra when you sell.

Buyer probably wouldn't notice peeling unless it is really bad.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back