Telling People to Search Observation.

ghunt81

New parts on old junk!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
It's all just kids asking about unlocking tuners and why people like loud cars, photos of unbelievably bright headlight setups. About 100 posts asking what oil to use.

I'm starting to think that pretty much sums up the modern car scene.

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'm starting to think that pretty much sums up the modern car scene.

Back around 2000 I told my uncle that hot rodding was going to end up being guys changing wheels and saying they hot rodded their car. He says well that's not hot rodding. I said nope. I can almost hang my hat on seeing the future.

46addict

Reaction score
Yeah a "build" these days consists of airbag suspension, LEDs, and wheels. They're the same guys who install aftermarket tow hooks on a car that never sees a race track. I'm a millennial born in the wrong generation.

ghunt81

New parts on old junk!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The truck and car scene have become one and the same. Wheels, lights and exhaust are the only mods they get.

Bart23Sept

Reaction score
Don't.

I have noticed in the past few days researching stuff, the words are there, the fucking pictures are not. This is on multiple forums.

The sad fact is that most of the tech will have to be reconstituted, **** you very much PB.

Even the dumbest noob question may not have a working thread on here anymore.

I used to run a couple of busy forums sites. Our policy was to let new people ask whatever questions they wanted to ask. It helps to keep the community going when people feel welcome and are not afraid to start posting. Sometimes the same old question gets a new answer and everybody learns something. Older members usually move on after a while so if new people aren't filling in the gaps get bigger and bigger and the site eventually dies.

Photobucket has screwed up forums everywhere, it's horrible.

fourdegrees11

forum member
Reaction score
If you want to get added to the S197 FB group you have to PM one of the admins, they literally do not go through invites anymore, not sure how the group ever grows.

I would say the coyote group is a bit beyond just wheels/lights/drop, most people on there seem to have a FI build, or in works, with a drag setup, or at the minimum a FBO car. Oh yeah, and bagged cars usually get made fun of

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score
If you want to get added to the S197 FB group you have to PM one of the admins, they literally do not go through invites anymore, not sure how the group ever grows.

I would say the coyote group is a bit beyond just wheels/lights/drop, most people on there seem to have a FI build, or in works, with a drag setup, or at the minimum a FBO car. Oh yeah, and bagged cars usually get made fun of
All I did was just click on the join link on FB.. I didn't have to PM anybody :shrug:

Boaisy

Dark Knight
Reaction score
I stopped using PB years ago. They've been killing "free" photos and their links long before their subscription model, it is just not everyone noticed. Imageshack was cool until they started restricting the free storage. Not sure if Flickr has fked up or not, and Google offers "free" photo storage (unless you have a Pixel, it can be capped).

fourdegrees11

forum member
Reaction score
All I did was just click on the join link on FB.. I didn't have to PM anybody :shrug:

How long ago was that? Cause when I joined about 3-4 months ago it was only after sending a PM. My join request was sent about 6 months ago. Have also seen people complain about it in the group when they try to get a friend in the group

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score
Just recently, 6 weeks ago to be exact.. It did however take 2 weeks or so before my request was finally accepted.. Perhaps I just got lucky at the right time :shrug:

palanza7

forum member
Reaction score
yeah i went back to look at some of the wire tuck threads and my heart broke. so many amazing installs poofed

Mojo88

Reaction score
I used to run a couple of busy forums sites. Our policy was to let new people ask whatever questions they wanted to ask. It helps to keep the community going when people feel welcome and are not afraid to start posting. Sometimes the same old question gets a new answer and everybody learns something. Older members usually move on after a while so if new people aren't filling in the gaps get bigger and bigger and the site eventually dies.....

I also used to run busy forum site, and had same policy as you with relaxed attitude to answering same basic questions over and over. Many times there were subtle differences in a particular situation that merited the seemingly redundant question, and (as you referenced) new information gets learned by all.

Some sites are ridiculously abusive, with virtually any question garnering ridicule and annoyance for not using search feature. Those sites are no fun IMO.

Shaggy

Head PooBaa of the Asylum
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Now that this site is on XenForo, there's an add on that can fix all the broken pb images.

Bart23Sept

Reaction score
Xenforo is badass, we switched both sites to Xenforo about a year before I sold them and they ran great.

Thenorm

Autocrosser
Reaction score
theres also a chome extension - Photobucket Hotlink Fix,
also on Opera i think, anyways it fixes the links in your browser, regardless of what forum you are on.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back