Threw Some Codes...

cekim

Large Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Rear O2s have nothing to do with those codes. It's the front O2s that control A/F. Rears just measure catalyst efficiency.
Quite true - I was hoping that a review of specs with Doug would uncover something mis-matched between tune and car or this would require some further debug...

I am a little leary of Roper's mysterious codes though - maybe this is just an issue of new tune and garbage long term fuel trim tables not being completely cleared? In which case, clearing the codes and driving for a bit would eventually make them go away - I am still unclear as to how/when those tables are cleared from the PCM's "learning" if explicit flags are not set in the tune.

At any rate, Doug can sort that out better as he can eliminate corrupt, mistaken, incomplete tunes and go from there...

LAK3RS

Original Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies!!!

I've been busy as hell today...

Got up early and went to the dealership in Weatherford and got my P0340 problem fixed. I went in there and talked to the service manager and he fixed me up with a good tech who actually owned a 06 Stang and was enjoying my company while doing the alternator swap. Surprisingly, no problems what so ever and had a great time! Of course had lunch at Fud Ruckers....buffalo chicken sandwhich...mmmm!! Also, went to the track at Kennedale tonight and watched the cars during test and tune nite which was great!!!

I also had my friend checking my email non stop to see if Doug ever emailed me back. Nothing...usually he's on top of things, but probably got a little busy today so it's all good. I also called quite a bit and his messages are all full so I couldn't leave a message. Hopefully I'll get in contact with him tomorrow on it and get me a new tune. What exactly will have to be adjusted in the tune to keep those codes from throwing?

It feels great to have a new alternator in the car, and it actually feels different. The a/c runs a little bit harder...I dunno maybe it's my imagination. Thanks everyone!!

- Justin

stlwagon

forum member
Reaction score
Quite true - I was hoping that a review of specs with Doug would uncover something mis-matched between tune and car or this would require some further debug...

I am a little leary of Roper's mysterious codes though - maybe this is just an issue of new tune and garbage long term fuel trim tables not being completely cleared? In which case, clearing the codes and driving for a bit would eventually make them go away - I am still unclear as to how/when those tables are cleared from the PCM's "learning" if explicit flags are not set in the tune.

At any rate, Doug can sort that out better as he can eliminate corrupt, mistaken, incomplete tunes and go from there...
Agree... I'm sure it's something in the fuel tables that Doug will be able to id quickly.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back